Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Stoopid pet tricks....., Knicked the battery cable
Joe Bob
post Sep 1 2004, 09:16 AM
Post #1

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

Thought I was gonna do some good. The cover plate for the transmission knuckle went missing....so I took out my handy dandy knibbler and cut some sheet metal and proceeded to make one.....

Cut it nice and clean, sanded off the edges, primed and painted it and used some self tapping sheet metal screws....went on like butter.

Next day, come out and it won't start.....look at the ground strap on the batery and jiggle it....damn thing snapped at me....hmmm, no click, snapping battery ground....oh shit, take the new custom cover plate off and feel underneath....yup.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Knicked the battery cable to the starter with the screw tip....grounded the freaking sytem out.

Removed plate,,,tossed it across room, stuck in the dry wall, got in car and started it up.

The moral of the story?

People on BEER should not screw things into cars..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/monkeydance.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
!   Stoopid pet tricks.....   Sep 1 2004, 09:16 AM
!   BTW...this was on the 356...so not to worry about ...   Sep 1 2004, 10:06 AM
VegasRacer   What a let down. :( I thought this story was go...   Sep 1 2004, 10:13 AM
736conver   :ttiwwp:   Sep 1 2004, 10:22 AM
736conver   I want to see the piece in the drywall. I love to...   Sep 1 2004, 10:23 AM
kafermeister   ...   Sep 1 2004, 11:09 AM
tdgray   :agree: :ttiwwp: But I would like to see some ...   Sep 1 2004, 11:24 AM
SLITS   ...   Sep 1 2004, 11:46 AM
dinomium  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:51 PM