Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stoopid pet tricks.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Thought I was gonna do some good. The cover plate for the transmission knuckle went missing....so I took out my handy dandy knibbler and cut some sheet metal and proceeded to make one.....

Cut it nice and clean, sanded off the edges, primed and painted it and used some self tapping sheet metal screws....went on like butter.

Next day, come out and it won't start.....look at the ground strap on the batery and jiggle it....damn thing snapped at me....hmmm, no click, snapping battery ground....oh shit, take the new custom cover plate off and feel underneath....yup.... wacko.gif

Knicked the battery cable to the starter with the screw tip....grounded the freaking sytem out.

Removed plate,,,tossed it across room, stuck in the dry wall, got in car and started it up.

The moral of the story?

People on BEER should not screw things into cars..... monkeydance.gif
Joe Bob
BTW...this was on the 356...so not to worry about your 914s....
VegasRacer
What a let down. sad.gif
I thought this story was going to be a sequel to SLITS stun-gun adventure.
736conver
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
736conver
I want to see the piece in the drywall. I love to see other people get mad. Makes me feel normal.
kafermeister
QUOTE(736conver @ Sep 1 2004, 12:23 PM)
I want to see the piece in the drywall. I love to see other people get mad. Makes me feel normal.

agree.gif

...about the making me feel normal part.

Rick
tdgray
agree.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

But I would like to see some of the Slits Stun Gun adventure. ( I musta missed that thread).
SLITS
QUOTE(736conver @ Sep 1 2004, 09:23 AM)

Please don't ask Z for pictures. You already know what you'll get and it won't be stuck in the dry wall.
dinomium
QUOTE(kafermeister @ Sep 1 2004, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE(736conver @ Sep 1 2004, 12:23 PM)
I want to see the piece in the drywall.  I love to see other people get mad.  Makes me feel normal.

agree.gif

...about the making me feel normal part.

Rick

If it make you feel any better, I threw a desktop PC across the lab last week and got sent home early... sometimes IBMs need to fly! wacko.gif
Trekkor
I once ducked outta the way of a flying, mortar loaded notched trowel from another tile setter. He stuck it in the wall, too unsure.gif

KT
Aaron Cox
i have large hands, they get in the while doing valve adjustments....many a 13mm wrench have flown mach 5 across the garage mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.