Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What I got to do today, What a blast too 914 content
jcambo7
post Feb 5 2012, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,867
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

After many months of having issues with my 4-6 cyl carb I finally got it all figured out and fixed. Carbs still need some more tuning though. So since it was so nice today I went for a cruise with some fun twisties. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KfeVB63AdM

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Feb 5 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I love these clips. I was trying to see the RPM and the speed but it wasn't clear enough. What engine? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Feb 5 2012, 09:33 PM
Post #3

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305
Region Association: None

Nice roads and looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get my car out of the shop. By the way thats a very interesting steering wheel you have. Never seen that before.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Feb 5 2012, 09:35 PM
Post #4

The engine is from a 1970 911T which has the 2.2L 6 Cyl with triple barrel Zenith's. The engine is custom built with different internals from the E and S spec engines from the same year of 911's. The RPM's were around 4-5500 depending on the turn. Speed was between 45-60 depending on the turn and I was in 3rd the whole time.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Feb 5 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Feb 5 2012, 10:33 PM) *

Nice roads and looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get my car out of the shop. By the way thats a very interesting steering wheel you have. Never seen that before.

Thanks. I got it from my brother in law as a birthday gift. It's a MOMO Benetton collectors steering wheel. It has different colored stitching.
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Feb 5 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,023

Nice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
sixnotfour
post Feb 5 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #7

914 Wizard

Member No.: 2,744
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

great day in the PNW for once.
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Feb 5 2012, 10:43 PM
Post #8

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344

Very nice James; love that sound! Just one question: why is your top on? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Feb 5 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #9

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884

Maybe next weekend you can bring it up and I can double chek a few things on it before the AX (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) . Want to make sure you are able to get the most out of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Wish I could have run the Phoenix with it but soon PeeGreen will be able to have some fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nice work James (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Feb 5 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #10

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Hey Jeff... we found the guy that took your steering wheel!
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Feb 5 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 5 2012, 11:43 PM) *

Very nice James; love that sound! Just one question: why is your top on? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Too cold out. It was about 45 out and plus trying to keep down on the noise for the camera. It's not a go pro.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Feb 5 2012, 10:53 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 5 2012, 11:49 PM) *

Maybe next weekend you can bring it up and I can double chek a few things on it before the AX (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) . Want to make sure you are able to get the most out of it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Wish I could have run the Phoenix with it but soon PeeGreen will be able to have some fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nice work James (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Thanks Jon! That would be great if we could do that. Will have to see though but it doesn't seem like it will be a problem at all. Yeah I miss your old Phoenix too.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Feb 5 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 5 2012, 11:49 PM) *

Hey Jeff... we found the guy that took your steering wheel!

Correction Eric...He took my 914! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post
6freak
post Feb 6 2012, 08:58 AM
Post #14

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Feb 5 2012, 07:16 PM) *

After many months of having issues with my 4-6 cyl carb I finally got it all figured out and fixed. Carbs still need some more tuning though. So since it was so nice today I went for a cruise with some fun twisties. Enjoy

Attached Image

Hwy 7 or mountain hwy south of Tacoma 40 miles ...its a great road !but it can really bite ya hard if ya dont know it ...lotsa dips in the middle of turns ...Its the road ive been trying to get the north end fellas to come down for ....do an invasion of the hotrod drive ins on saterday after a nice cruz to windy ridge...I prolly would have broke out the six and went James it was a nice day

Hurrican ridge is this summer as well ...I hope Troys the set up man on that one
MikeC (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Feb 6 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 6 2012, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Feb 5 2012, 07:16 PM) *

Attached Image

Hwy 7 or mountain hwy south of Tacoma 40 miles ...its a great road !but it can really bite ya hard if ya dont know it ...lotsa dips in the middle of turns ...Its the road ive been trying to get the north end fellas to come down for ....do an invasion of the hotrod drive ins on saterday after a nice cruz to windy ridge...I prolly would have broke out the six and went James it was a nice day

Hurrican ridge is this summer as well ...I hope Troys the set up man on that one

I went during the super bowl since I didn't care who won. If I had known you would have joined me possibly I would have called you. My bad! I figured everyone would be getting drunk. That would be sweet if we can get the northeners down here but I believe they are afraid to stay in the southern area for more than a few hours. I was on hwy 7 by Adler lake. Their are a lot of dips in the turns and they make it even more fun.
What's hurricane ridge Mike?
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Feb 6 2012, 10:19 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914

Very nice James! Great day for a drive.
+Quote Post
6freak
post Feb 6 2012, 10:58 AM
Post #17

MR.C

Hurrican ridge is somewhere up north in Troys country (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ....its the crack addics and duck n bullits them northern boys are afraid of but once you get otta town its cool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) .....That truelly is an awsome road ...I know it well and just about eight the guard rail one day ...chase n a bike ! he crashed Rather softlly on a very sharp turn he just kinda laid it over and i had to do some fancy drive n to keep from running into or over him ...he just pick his pride up and rode off....James hwy 7 IS mountain hwy just so ya know

+Quote Post
aircooledtechguy
post Feb 6 2012, 11:15 AM
Post #18

The Aircooledtech Guy

Member No.: 9,730

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 6 2012, 06:58 AM) *

Its the road ive been trying to get the north end fellas to come down for ....do an invasion of the hotrod drive ins on saterday after a nice cruz to windy ridge...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Now I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer, but you couldn't have been trying all that hard. . . I'm ALWAYS up for a good day in the driver seat (so long as I'm NOT following Kelty and Greenie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) )!!

Put this on te calender when the weather gets warmer so we can go top-down and I'm all in!! Hurricane Ridge is good too. Summer's long; we could actually do BOTH!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
6freak
post Feb 6 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #19

MR.C

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Feb 6 2012, 09:15 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 6 2012, 06:58 AM) *

Its the road ive been trying to get the north end fellas to come down for ....do an invasion of the hotrod drive ins on saterday after a nice cruz to windy ridge...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Now I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer, but you couldn't have been trying all that hard. . . I'm ALWAYS up for a good day in the driver seat (so long as I'm NOT following Kelty and Greenie (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) )!!

Put this on te calender when the weather gets warmer so we can go top-down and I'm all in!! Hurricane Ridge is good too. Summer's long; we could actually do BOTH!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

been try n for awhile to get you fellas down here theres a kickass hotrod joint we could invade...everyone always wants to go to Mt baker ..hell guys we been there twice ......tryed to do a hurrican ridge last year and you`ll went to baker again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I mean i love Nord but not that much ..so i say skip baker this year and do Mountain hwy and hurrican ...spread the love.....i think Nate will go anywhere

+Quote Post
audio_file
post Feb 6 2012, 12:05 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 13,409

Count this "northerner" in!

Road reminds me of Chuckanut Dr, between Burlington and Bellingham... Another great roadway!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:47 PM