Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What I got to do today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
After many months of having issues with my 4-6 cyl carb I finally got it all figured out and fixed. Carbs still need some more tuning though. So since it was so nice today I went for a cruise with some fun twisties. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KfeVB63AdM

Click to view attachment

Montreal914
smile.gif I love these clips. I was trying to see the RPM and the speed but it wasn't clear enough. What engine? beer.gif
nsr-jamie
Nice roads and looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get my car out of the shop. By the way thats a very interesting steering wheel you have. Never seen that before.
jcambo7
The engine is from a 1970 911T which has the 2.2L 6 Cyl with triple barrel Zenith's. The engine is custom built with different internals from the E and S spec engines from the same year of 911's. The RPM's were around 4-5500 depending on the turn. Speed was between 45-60 depending on the turn and I was in 3rd the whole time.
jcambo7
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Feb 5 2012, 10:33 PM) *

Nice roads and looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get my car out of the shop. By the way thats a very interesting steering wheel you have. Never seen that before.

Thanks. I got it from my brother in law as a birthday gift. It's a MOMO Benetton collectors steering wheel. It has different colored stitching.
Montreal914
Nice driving.gif
sixnotfour
great day in the PNW for once.
KELTY360
Very nice James; love that sound! Just one question: why is your top on? shades.gif
PeeGreen 914
Maybe next weekend you can bring it up and I can double chek a few things on it before the AX beerchug.gif . Want to make sure you are able to get the most out of it piratenanner.gif

Wish I could have run the Phoenix with it but soon PeeGreen will be able to have some fun biggrin.gif

Nice work James cheer.gif
Eric_Shea
Hey Jeff... we found the guy that took your steering wheel!
jcambo7
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 5 2012, 11:43 PM) *

Very nice James; love that sound! Just one question: why is your top on? shades.gif

Too cold out. It was about 45 out and plus trying to keep down on the noise for the camera. It's not a go pro.
jcambo7
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 5 2012, 11:49 PM) *

Maybe next weekend you can bring it up and I can double chek a few things on it before the AX beerchug.gif . Want to make sure you are able to get the most out of it piratenanner.gif

Wish I could have run the Phoenix with it but soon PeeGreen will be able to have some fun biggrin.gif

Nice work James cheer.gif

Thanks Jon! That would be great if we could do that. Will have to see though but it doesn't seem like it will be a problem at all. Yeah I miss your old Phoenix too.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 5 2012, 11:49 PM) *

Hey Jeff... we found the guy that took your steering wheel!

Correction Eric...He took my 914! chair.gif
6freak
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Feb 5 2012, 07:16 PM) *

After many months of having issues with my 4-6 cyl carb I finally got it all figured out and fixed. Carbs still need some more tuning though. So since it was so nice today I went for a cruise with some fun twisties. Enjoy

Click to view attachment

Hwy 7 or mountain hwy south of Tacoma 40 miles ...its a great road !but it can really bite ya hard if ya dont know it ...lotsa dips in the middle of turns ...Its the road ive been trying to get the north end fellas to come down for ....do an invasion of the hotrod drive ins on saterday after a nice cruz to windy ridge...I prolly would have broke out the six and went James it was a nice day

Hurrican ridge is this summer as well ...I hope Troys the set up man on that one
MikeC smile.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 6 2012, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Feb 5 2012, 07:16 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Hwy 7 or mountain hwy south of Tacoma 40 miles ...its a great road !but it can really bite ya hard if ya dont know it ...lotsa dips in the middle of turns ...Its the road ive been trying to get the north end fellas to come down for ....do an invasion of the hotrod drive ins on saterday after a nice cruz to windy ridge...I prolly would have broke out the six and went James it was a nice day

Hurrican ridge is this summer as well ...I hope Troys the set up man on that one
MikeC smile.gif

I went during the super bowl since I didn't care who won. If I had known you would have joined me possibly I would have called you. My bad! I figured everyone would be getting drunk. That would be sweet if we can get the northeners down here but I believe they are afraid to stay in the southern area for more than a few hours. I was on hwy 7 by Adler lake. Their are a lot of dips in the turns and they make it even more fun.
What's hurricane ridge Mike?
effutuo101
Very nice James! Great day for a drive.
6freak
Hurrican ridge is somewhere up north in Troys country confused24.gif ....its the crack addics and duck n bullits them northern boys are afraid of but once you get otta town its cool lol-2.gif .....That truelly is an awsome road ...I know it well and just about eight the guard rail one day ...chase n a bike ! he crashed Rather softlly on a very sharp turn he just kinda laid it over and i had to do some fancy drive n to keep from running into or over him ...he just pick his pride up and rode off....James hwy 7 IS mountain hwy just so ya know

MikeC smile.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 6 2012, 06:58 AM) *

Its the road ive been trying to get the north end fellas to come down for ....do an invasion of the hotrod drive ins on saterday after a nice cruz to windy ridge...
MikeC smile.gif

confused24.gif Now I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer, but you couldn't have been trying all that hard. . . I'm ALWAYS up for a good day in the driver seat (so long as I'm NOT following Kelty and Greenie rolleyes.gif lol-2.gif )!!

Put this on te calender when the weather gets warmer so we can go top-down and I'm all in!! Hurricane Ridge is good too. Summer's long; we could actually do BOTH!! driving.gif
6freak
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Feb 6 2012, 09:15 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 6 2012, 06:58 AM) *

Its the road ive been trying to get the north end fellas to come down for ....do an invasion of the hotrod drive ins on saterday after a nice cruz to windy ridge...
MikeC smile.gif

confused24.gif Now I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer, but you couldn't have been trying all that hard. . . I'm ALWAYS up for a good day in the driver seat (so long as I'm NOT following Kelty and Greenie rolleyes.gif lol-2.gif )!!

Put this on te calender when the weather gets warmer so we can go top-down and I'm all in!! Hurricane Ridge is good too. Summer's long; we could actually do BOTH!! driving.gif

been try n for awhile to get you fellas down here theres a kickass hotrod joint we could invade...everyone always wants to go to Mt baker ..hell guys we been there twice ......tryed to do a hurrican ridge last year and you`ll went to baker again confused24.gif I mean i love Nord but not that much ..so i say skip baker this year and do Mountain hwy and hurrican ...spread the love.....i think Nate will go anywhere

MikeC smile.gif
audio_file
Count this "northerner" in!

Road reminds me of Chuckanut Dr, between Burlington and Bellingham... Another great roadway!
kerensky
Good to see you finally got her all sorted, James! :thumbup: One question tho, I seem to hear a speed-sensitive howl, like a bad bearing or noisy tranny, or something. Just road noise and crappy camera audio?
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Feb 6 2012, 01:39 PM) *

Good to see you finally got her all sorted, James! :thumbup: One question tho, I seem to hear a speed-sensitive howl, like a bad bearing or noisy tranny, or something. Just road noise and crappy camera audio?

Thanks Chad. Well the carbs are not quite perfectly synched yet. The camera is a Sony Cybershot that is decent but not meant for taking video footage so it's most likely crappy camera audio. I was hitting pretty high RPM's at times at 6K though too.
jcambo7
Here are some pictures I took during a stop in my drive

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
6freak
that last picture is ......WAY COOL BADASS AWSOME ...LOVE THE GRAFFITI piratenanner.gif new screen saver for me
jcambo7
Thanks Mark!
Tab914
Cool!!
Love video clips of 914s. I think it would be nice to have a nailed section of videos taken of members cars just like the members cars pictures. (or is there one already and I missed it?) Videos could either be in car like this one or a video taken by someone else of the car in action. driving.gif
Anyone agree??
carr914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Feb 5 2012, 10:39 PM) *

Thanks. I got it from my brother in law as a birthday gift. It's a MOMO Benetton collectors steering wheel. It has different colored stitching.

All the Benetton's I have seen were different Colors of Leather Stitched. I think your BIL is Fuching with you poke.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 7 2012, 08:30 AM) *

All the Benetton's I have seen were different Colors of Leather Stitched. I think your BIL is Fuching with you poke.gif

Hey man, that's what it said when I bought it confused24.gif The stitching is all the Benneton colors as well. chair.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 7 2012, 11:32 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 7 2012, 08:30 AM) *

Hey man, that's what it said when I bought it confused24.gif The stitching is all the Benneton colors as well. chair.gif

Lol...it's funny every time some one asks about the wheel. I tell them it's a Benetton and they all say the same thing. If it's not a Benetton than I blame it on Jon. poke.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Tab914 @ Feb 7 2012, 11:06 AM) *

Cool!!
Love video clips of 914s. I think it would be nice to have a nailed section of videos taken of members cars just like the members cars pictures. (or is there one already and I missed it?) Videos could either be in car like this one or a video taken by someone else of the car in action. driving.gif
Anyone agree??

Would have to take that up with the Admins. Sounds like a good idea though, that way we don't have to dig through thousands of pages and searching to find them. I don't think we have one.
RickS
James, the for sharing the great vid and even better car. Great sound from the 6. Suggestion for next one is to move the camera so it's not shooting the rear view mirror, no matter how good-looking the driver dude is.

Great road and hope to drive it again soon. A 911 friend took me down it at 8/10s and it was a blast.
rwilner
what kind of tach are you running?
jcambo7
QUOTE(RickS @ Feb 8 2012, 09:51 PM) *

James, the for sharing the great vid and even better car. Great sound from the 6. Suggestion for next one is to move the camera so it's not shooting the rear view mirror, no matter how good-looking the driver dude is.

Great road and hope to drive it again soon. A 911 friend took me down it at 8/10s and it was a blast.

Thanks! I noticed that the damn rear view mirror was in the way after wards. I didn't really check the placement of the camera very well at all. dry.gif Next time I will though.

Rich-I can't remember who makes it. I will check on it when I get home and pm it to you.
jimkelly
what's not to like thumb3d.gif

watching this video is almost like owning one for 4 mins and 37 seconds
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.