Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> aaaarrrrggghhh - brakes !!
boomy
post Sep 3 2004, 01:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,148

HELP....after only being a 914 owner for a couple of months, I am highly confused about the handbrake situation in these cars...when I bought the car I was told that the rear calipers needed rebuilding/overhauling..the one on the drivers side is now non effective, and the handbrake hardly works...easy I thought, I get a kit to refurb them...now people are telling me conflicting info - basically that these kits have bits missing and often arnt that good...what IS the situation with this ATe stuff ?? It all sounds pretty expensive

Can someone please explain to a newbie my best option for getting the handbrake sorted...

And if that wasnt enough, the brakes haev started binding when they get warm..at leadst I think thats what it is ??!! ....after about 20 mins driving, a binding noise starts to whine...when I tap the brake pedal it dissapears for a few seconds and then returns...any ideas on how to deal with these issues ?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Thanks ..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:00 PM