Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> O.T. need a PPI, for a boxter in arlington texas
DRPHIL914
post Feb 12 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Dr. Phil

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

Anyone here in that area familiar with the 986 or know of someone?

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
02loftsmoor
post Feb 12 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,243
Region Association: Southwest Region

no sorry
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Feb 12 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

For a 986, you could try the local PCA club members down there in DFW area, who may know. Or maybe Zimm's could do it?
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Feb 12 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #4

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

I know somebody down there that is familiar with them. In fact, they just looked at a whole lot of them before buying one. I will contact them and have them check in. Maybe they will do a PPI for you.

Shoe
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Feb 12 2012, 07:19 PM
Post #5

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 12 2012, 03:34 PM) *

Anyone here in that area familiar with the 986 or know of someone?

Thanks

We do have a member on here that had a really nice, low mile Boxster for sale. I believe he still does.
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Feb 12 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #6

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

That's me! Rich Johnson is in Allen, outside of Dallas. Wes Hildreth has H&H in Plano, he's an independent repair shop that will be cheaper than a dealer, but I don't know if he does water cooled Porsches or not.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Feb 12 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #7

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hank Hill?
+Quote Post
02loftsmoor
post Feb 12 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 13,243
Region Association: Southwest Region

I for got about V-dubs folks in Irving and Zims in Euless
http://vdubfolks.net/

http://www.allzim.com/index.html

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
tscrihfield
post Feb 12 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #9

Drive Fast and Take Chances

Member No.: 12,156

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 12 2012, 09:14 PM) *

Hank Hill?

"Damnit Doctor!". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) LMFAO
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 13 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #10

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(9146986 @ Feb 12 2012, 07:25 PM) *

That's me! Rich Johnson is in Allen, outside of Dallas. Wes Hildreth has H&H in Plano, he's an independent repair shop that will be cheaper than a dealer, but I don't know if he does water cooled Porsches or not.

Wes doesn't work on the water cooled cars, at least not that I have ever seen.

Zims will be happy to do the inspection for you. Just call them to make arrangements, and have the seller bring the car to them. Wayne is the service manager, just give him a call at 817-267-4451.

(Just for clarity, I used to work there part time, and the owner is a friend of mine).
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Feb 13 2012, 01:02 PM
Post #11

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 13 2012, 01:53 PM) *

Zims will be happy to do the inspection for you. Just call them to make arrangements, and have the seller bring the car to them. Wayne is the service manager, just give him a call at 817-267-4451.

(Just for clarity, I used to work there part time, and the owner is a friend of mine).

Clay,

thanks for the info. I actually spoke with Wayne this morning, for about 10 minutes. he was very helpful and discribed most of what they would do on a PPI,

Unfortunately the owner/dealer said they are "short handed" and would not be able to take the car over, but if i took it or someone came, they were welcome to do that. maybe a red flag on this - too bad because car really looks nice, has the factory option matching hard top too, but i dont want to take any chances, and i am in S.C. . I hate to fly out just to take it for PPI and find i dont want the car due to IMS or something. on top of that some bad reviews on Citypages making me think twice.
if i knew someone locally i could have take it to Zims, i would do that,unfortunately i don't.

phil
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 13 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 13 2012, 01:02 PM) *

Clay,

thanks for the info. I actually spoke with Wayne this morning, for about 10 minutes. he was very helpful and discribed most of what they would do on a PPI,

Unfortunately the owner/dealer said they are "short handed" and would not be able to take the car over, but if i took it or someone came, they were welcome to do that. maybe a red flag on this - too bad because car really looks nice, has the factory option matching hard top too, but i dont want to take any chances, and i am in S.C. . I hate to fly out just to take it for PPI and find i dont want the car due to IMS or something. on top of that some bad reviews on Citypages making me think twice.
if i knew someone locally i could have take it to Zims, i would do that,unfortunately i don't.

phil

Phil,

I could probably do the car transport for you, but I am NOT an Boxster expert, so I would not be comfortable passing judgement on the car. When did you want it done?

+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Feb 13 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #13

Dr. Phil

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 13 2012, 02:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 13 2012, 01:02 PM) *

Clay,

phil

Phil,

I could probably do the car transport for you, but I am NOT an Boxster expert, so I would not be comfortable passing judgement on the car. When did you want it done?

could be any time that would work for you, and Zim's of course. it is only 10 miles south of Zims, Stallion motors - 1725 west division street Arlington

let me know what day , i will call and book it with Wayne.

Phil
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Feb 13 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #14

I have a more than full time job, so I would have to take time off to get the car. But that's not a problem. Lord knows I have plenty of PTO right now.

I could pick it up on the 22nd, and take it to Zims for you. Will that work? I can take it back the same day.

Clay
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 10:11 AM