Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O.T. need a PPI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
Anyone here in that area familiar with the 986 or know of someone?

Thanks
02loftsmoor
no sorry
Tom_T
For a 986, you could try the local PCA club members down there in DFW area, who may know. Or maybe Zimm's could do it?
hot_shoe914
I know somebody down there that is familiar with them. In fact, they just looked at a whole lot of them before buying one. I will contact them and have them check in. Maybe they will do a PPI for you.

Shoe
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 12 2012, 03:34 PM) *

Anyone here in that area familiar with the 986 or know of someone?

Thanks

We do have a member on here that had a really nice, low mile Boxster for sale. I believe he still does.
IronHillRestorations
That's me! Rich Johnson is in Allen, outside of Dallas. Wes Hildreth has H&H in Plano, he's an independent repair shop that will be cheaper than a dealer, but I don't know if he does water cooled Porsches or not.
Dr Evil
Hank Hill?
02loftsmoor
I for got about V-dubs folks in Irving and Zims in Euless
http://vdubfolks.net/

http://www.allzim.com/index.html

wacko.gif
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 12 2012, 09:14 PM) *

Hank Hill?

"Damnit Doctor!". av-943.gif LMFAO
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(9146986 @ Feb 12 2012, 07:25 PM) *

That's me! Rich Johnson is in Allen, outside of Dallas. Wes Hildreth has H&H in Plano, he's an independent repair shop that will be cheaper than a dealer, but I don't know if he does water cooled Porsches or not.

Wes doesn't work on the water cooled cars, at least not that I have ever seen.

Zims will be happy to do the inspection for you. Just call them to make arrangements, and have the seller bring the car to them. Wayne is the service manager, just give him a call at 817-267-4451.

(Just for clarity, I used to work there part time, and the owner is a friend of mine).
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 13 2012, 01:53 PM) *

Zims will be happy to do the inspection for you. Just call them to make arrangements, and have the seller bring the car to them. Wayne is the service manager, just give him a call at 817-267-4451.

(Just for clarity, I used to work there part time, and the owner is a friend of mine).

Clay,

thanks for the info. I actually spoke with Wayne this morning, for about 10 minutes. he was very helpful and discribed most of what they would do on a PPI,

Unfortunately the owner/dealer said they are "short handed" and would not be able to take the car over, but if i took it or someone came, they were welcome to do that. maybe a red flag on this - too bad because car really looks nice, has the factory option matching hard top too, but i dont want to take any chances, and i am in S.C. . I hate to fly out just to take it for PPI and find i dont want the car due to IMS or something. on top of that some bad reviews on Citypages making me think twice.
if i knew someone locally i could have take it to Zims, i would do that,unfortunately i don't.

phil
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 13 2012, 01:02 PM) *

Clay,

thanks for the info. I actually spoke with Wayne this morning, for about 10 minutes. he was very helpful and discribed most of what they would do on a PPI,

Unfortunately the owner/dealer said they are "short handed" and would not be able to take the car over, but if i took it or someone came, they were welcome to do that. maybe a red flag on this - too bad because car really looks nice, has the factory option matching hard top too, but i dont want to take any chances, and i am in S.C. . I hate to fly out just to take it for PPI and find i dont want the car due to IMS or something. on top of that some bad reviews on Citypages making me think twice.
if i knew someone locally i could have take it to Zims, i would do that,unfortunately i don't.

phil

Phil,

I could probably do the car transport for you, but I am NOT an Boxster expert, so I would not be comfortable passing judgement on the car. When did you want it done?

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 13 2012, 02:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 13 2012, 01:02 PM) *

Clay,

phil

Phil,

I could probably do the car transport for you, but I am NOT an Boxster expert, so I would not be comfortable passing judgement on the car. When did you want it done?

could be any time that would work for you, and Zim's of course. it is only 10 miles south of Zims, Stallion motors - 1725 west division street Arlington

let me know what day , i will call and book it with Wayne.

Phil
ClayPerrine
I have a more than full time job, so I would have to take time off to get the car. But that's not a problem. Lord knows I have plenty of PTO right now.

I could pick it up on the 22nd, and take it to Zims for you. Will that work? I can take it back the same day.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.