Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welcome team
ConeDodger
post Feb 25 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #21

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Feb 25 2012, 03:54 PM) *

I'm ready... paypal and gmail address is the same: 914wcr2012@gmail.com

I'll track everything the same as last time and start a continuing thread to update who has registered, etc.

Did you hook up with Jamie and get the extra fundage from 2011 in the tank? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Feb 25 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #22

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

No, I never heard from him. I'll PM him tonight
+Quote Post
McMark
post Feb 28 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #23

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I guess that means I have to do some work... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Feb 29 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #24

Apex killer!

Yup... Open her up to registration.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 3 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #25

914 Freak!

Okay, time's running out and because of access issues with the server, I doubt I'll be able to get anything fancy done. And after thinking about it, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I don't think it's ever been helpful enough to warrant making the sign up form.

Let's just hand out the email address with payment info and amount.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 3 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #26

Apex killer!

QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 3 2012, 09:18 PM) *

Okay, time's running out and because of access issues with the server, I doubt I'll be able to get anything fancy done. And after thinking about it, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. I don't think it's ever been helpful enough to warrant making the sign up form.

Let's just hand out the email address with payment info and amount.

Do it. Tomorrow should be fine. By the way in anticipation of utter failure of the new fuel pump and regulator improving anything (reverse jinxing) I plan on coming down Tuesday or so to pick it and the trailer up... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 4 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #27

Apex killer!

Don't forget to ask for T-shirt size and real name screen name for the name tags...
+Quote Post
jcd914
post Mar 4 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Feb 21 2012, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 21 2012, 09:31 PM) *

I also asked Jim Dupree to ask his friend Andy if he was interested in doing a BBQ on Thursday and Saturday night. He has not gotten back to me...

I talked with Andy briefly on Sunday and he is interested but we did not have time to go into details or check his schedule.

Jim

Sorry I am slow getting back on this.
Andy is commeted to doing the meals for us.
Food crew will be Andy, mSharon (his wife), Mary (my wife) amd Myself.

We will neeed to know what you want in the way of meals so we can get a cost estimate or you can give us a cost and we can work a menu from that.

Jim

+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 4 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #29

Apex killer!

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 4 2012, 08:16 PM) *

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Feb 21 2012, 09:42 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Feb 21 2012, 09:31 PM) *

I also asked Jim Dupree to ask his friend Andy if he was interested in doing a BBQ on Thursday and Saturday night. He has not gotten back to me...

I talked with Andy briefly on Sunday and he is interested but we did not have time to go into details or check his schedule.

Jim

Sorry I am slow getting back on this.
Andy is commeted to doing the meals for us.
Food crew will be Andy, mSharon (his wife), Mary (my wife) amd Myself.

We will neeed to know what you want in the way of meals so we can get a cost estimate or you can give us a cost and we can work a menu from that.

Jim

Jim,
I think the opening night just burgers and potato salad and chips and soda and the Saturday night one, pulled pork just like he did previously at WCR 2010...
+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 5 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #30

914 Freak!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Mar 5 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #31

Teener fo Life!

In the registration thread, can we make sure they put their real name and screen name in the paypal payment. I will create a thread that keeps a running list of who has paid and last time i didnt have screen names or real names if they had their spouse or friend pay for them.

Jamie transferred the leftover money to me today...typical Paypal says it will be 3-5 business days but we should have ~$690 to start with if there are any deposits, etc to deal with. I'll update once I get the money in our account.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 5 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #32

Apex killer!

Brett,
Make sure you list the paypal account info here so Mark can put together the registration...
Rob
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Mar 5 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #33

Teener fo Life!

Post #20

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 5 2012, 06:38 PM) *

Brett,
Make sure you list the paypal account info here so Mark can put together the registration...
Rob

+Quote Post
kenschipper
post Mar 10 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 2,025

I have the artwork completed for the printers. Sorry for the delay but my wife's office was up against some serious corporate deadlines.

The EPS file is attached. I can send on other formats if necessary but this works for most printers. The file extension will need to be changes to .eps

I will also be working on a few routes for the weekend. I will structure them so that some can be combined in different ways.

Route 1 - Day Ride
Marina to Aroyyo Seco Campgrounds picnic area and back. Full day with lunch at the campgrounds. Bring your own lunch or we can arrange it and have it transported out our picked up when we start off in Marina. We can include a quick drive through of the SCCA races at Laguna Seca on the way out if there is no entry cost and time permits. This drive goes over Larules Grade (one of Road and Track's top 10 roads - only about 5 miles, but they are fun miles) It then head out Carmel Valley Rd. for about an hour of very fun two lane low traffice driving. Stop at Arroyo Seco (google arroyo Seco campgrounds for photos) Lunch here then back via river road to Marina. About 1 to 1 1/2 hours each way.

Route 2 - 1/2 to 1 day ride
Trip to Canepa Design in Scotts Valley just above Santa Cruz. One of the finest auto collections on the West Coast. They have the Luftanza (sp?) 914. We can arrange a personal tour and can usually get some time on the shop floor where you can view 10-15 vehicles being worked on (also the most prestine shop floor on the west coast.) There is a possiblity of seeing if Bruce Canepa might be availalbe to make a presentation, if not John on his staff usually does the larger tours. I believe he raced 914's years ago. Getting there and back is all freeway so it is not about the drive.

This tour can be extended up into the Santa Cruz mountains. Great driving up hear. Skyline Boulevard at the top extends north towards San Francisco. There are some sport where you can a good part of the Bay Area and then further on the Pacific. Great roads but you have to keep an eye out for motorcyclists (of the ambulances heading out to scrape them off of the landscape.) The tour would head north and then descend down to the Pacific through the town of Pescadero. Could have a late lunch here (there is a deli) and then head back down Hwy 1 to Santa Cruz and then Marina. Would get back around 3:00 PM

Route 3 1/2 to 1 day

Can include one of all of the following.

Pebble Beach 17 mile drive - I lived there for three years and know it well. Takes about a hour. The best way to do this and avoid the $9.00 entry fee is to find someone with a friend or relative who lives there and set it up to "visit" them.

Big Sur - about 33 miles south on Hwy 1. Nice ride but usually at the speed limit as there is a lot of traffice. Some of the best ocean view in the world. Could have lunch at Napenthe's and have one of the best $14.00 burger (or other fare) around. Having a lot of people ordering at Napenthe would take 1-2 hours as they cannot handle really large groups but if the group is around 15 it would work. Mabye good for Saturday or Sunday.

Tour of Don Orosco's shop. Located in Monterey. Don is a business man but lives to race. Currently has a Lotus and Lola (along with other cars being restored in his shop. At one time he owned all of the existing Scrabs (sp?) and then found the transporter that hauled them in the 60's and had it restored. Sold two of them to Donald Walton for a feeew million. A few years back he shipped his cars over to Spa in Belgum to take part in a historic race. As he and his son had never raced there he rented the track for a day so that they could practice. He can talk for hours on the cars he has found and restored (and not loose anyone's interest. The include Prosche 910's, 550's, 50's hot rods, Scrabs, and others that I cannot remember right now. He is a good friend and if timing works out would love to have us there. 1 to 3 hours.

Thats it for now. Will post some maps on the routes soon.

Ken

Attached File(s)
Attached File  West_Coast_Ramble_2012Final.txt ( 1.41mb ) Number of downloads: 66
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Mar 11 2012, 12:46 AM
Post #35

Teener fo Life!

I'm very interested in a Canapa visit. Always heard and seen great things about it online, I'm sure in person is even better.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 11 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #36

Apex killer!

Thanks Ken! I will get to work on t-shirts...
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 15 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #37

Apex killer!

A question to the group... Rich Bontempi was attempting to become somewhat of a signature sponsor and wanted his name on stuff... This has not been recently done. Do we want to open up sponsor t-shirt names and such? I personally think it is too late and that most of our sponsors don't care.
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Mar 18 2012, 09:17 AM
Post #38

Teener fo Life!

ya, getting a little late in the game. Maybe next year
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 23 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #39

Apex killer!

I'm having a little trouble with the artwork. On my screen, in Ken's post above it shows up as a .txt file. Mark managed to convert it to a .jpg file. I am unable to convert it on my pc. I suspect Ken originally sent it as a .eps which is what I need but my pc is being stubborn. The t-shirt place is going to try and convert it but I may need some help here...
Rob
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 25 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #40

Apex killer!

I think I have the t-shirt art sorted out...

I have found a volunteer for the day two drive to Canepa's shop. Peter, hydroliften will organize the tour of the shop and lead the tour to and from... Thank you Peter...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:17 AM