Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LOOOOONG Working Weekend
JoeSharpOld
post Sep 6 2004, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Does it seem cold to you

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,001

We have been working on Linda's (/L) car, just got the motor and tranny bolted in. Trying to get it together for GAF. What we did.
Remove A/C ompressor, install shift bushings and shift kit, intake manifold gaskets and boots, all vacuum and fule lines, Bowlsby injection harness, adjust the vavles, throttle cable and not only did Linda clean all the parts and the engine bay, she is putting in a new interior (carpet kit, new seats and back pad) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Just some small details to complete. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/givemebeer.gif) Uhra, Cazadora porfavora (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
Joe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Sep 6 2004, 07:44 PM
Post #2

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

i still owe you...

could have given you a hand today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Sep 6 2004, 07:59 PM
Post #3

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Almost glad to get back to my mundain job. Worked my ass of this LABOR DAY weekend. Somehow I don't think this is what they meant for the holiday occasion.
I Worked on rebuilding 2.0L motor. waiting for cylinder base shims. Rob stopped by watched me get shit faced while setting crankshaft end play. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Then pulled transmission out of sons Ranger. PITA Finished Saturady about 1030 PM

Sunday put Transmission clutch and everything else back in. Waited all dat for the boy to just put cross over pipe in.
Monday still waiting for everything o get finished up. I changed out suspension bushings on Explorer. and cut the grass and cleaned to pool. and looked at Robs motor. (didn't do nuthin) just looked at it.

Finally 6PM hey lets test it out. Push clutch in NOTHING!!! hmmmm.. try NEW Master cylinder 8:30 PM and master cylinder in still nothing. Bled the stinking snot out of it.

So now the transmission needs to come back and change out slave cylinder. Oh yea what knot head put the slave cylinder inside the case of the transmission????
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Sep 6 2004, 08:11 PM
Post #4

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Oh and fire up the Generator. 65KW of whompin stompin electricity... And the Harley. just to piss the nieghbors off. even rolled it out and washed it, waxed it, and put back in the garage under a cover. Then washed the MINI. Geesh no wonder I am beat. not to mention pretty buzzed right now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 06:17 PM