Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LOOOOONG Working Weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharpOld
We have been working on Linda's (/L) car, just got the motor and tranny bolted in. Trying to get it together for GAF. What we did.
Remove A/C ompressor, install shift bushings and shift kit, intake manifold gaskets and boots, all vacuum and fule lines, Bowlsby injection harness, adjust the vavles, throttle cable and not only did Linda clean all the parts and the engine bay, she is putting in a new interior (carpet kit, new seats and back pad) clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif Just some small details to complete. givemebeer.gif Uhra, Cazadora porfavora beer3.gif
Joe
Aaron Cox
i still owe you...

could have given you a hand today wink.gif
Joe Ricard
Almost glad to get back to my mundain job. Worked my ass of this LABOR DAY weekend. Somehow I don't think this is what they meant for the holiday occasion.
I Worked on rebuilding 2.0L motor. waiting for cylinder base shims. Rob stopped by watched me get shit faced while setting crankshaft end play. beer3.gif

Then pulled transmission out of sons Ranger. PITA Finished Saturady about 1030 PM

Sunday put Transmission clutch and everything else back in. Waited all dat for the boy to just put cross over pipe in.
Monday still waiting for everything o get finished up. I changed out suspension bushings on Explorer. and cut the grass and cleaned to pool. and looked at Robs motor. (didn't do nuthin) just looked at it.

Finally 6PM hey lets test it out. Push clutch in NOTHING!!! hmmmm.. try NEW Master cylinder 8:30 PM and master cylinder in still nothing. Bled the stinking snot out of it.

So now the transmission needs to come back and change out slave cylinder. Oh yea what knot head put the slave cylinder inside the case of the transmission????
Joe Ricard
Oh and fire up the Generator. 65KW of whompin stompin electricity... And the Harley. just to piss the nieghbors off. even rolled it out and washed it, waxed it, and put back in the garage under a cover. Then washed the MINI. Geesh no wonder I am beat. not to mention pretty buzzed right now. beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.