Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alarms, anyone put one one?
qa1142
post Sep 6 2004, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Whiplash

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,140

I want to keep original as possible, with emphasis on KEEP.

Anyone ever put on simple voltage and shock alarm on thier 914?

JC Whitney has simple one for ~$50

thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
charlesmac
post Sep 6 2004, 09:02 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,264

I had a code alarm on my 73' before i wrecked it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Shock sensor, motion sensor for when i left the top off, pin switches hook up on the doors, and actuators for keyless entry. always worked fine. Just took a while to figure out which wires to tap into, but it was a pretty straight forward install.

charles
+Quote Post
Allan
post Sep 6 2004, 09:13 PM
Post #3

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

I tried one of the cheaper current sensing alarms (Big Dog) I think it was called. Bought it from Frye's electronics. Was supposed to detect current flow and motion. If I touched the car it would chirp, but if I actually got in the car or opened the door it would do nothing. I thought it had a bad current sensor in it but after the second install I realized that it just would not pick up the current draw from the interior light. Gave up and took it back. There is one in the Crutchfield catalog for $70.00 bucks that says it will pick current changes but I havent tried that one. If you find a simple plug and use alarm that works, let me know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:50 PM