Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alarms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
I want to keep original as possible, with emphasis on KEEP.

Anyone ever put on simple voltage and shock alarm on thier 914?

JC Whitney has simple one for ~$50

thoughts?
charlesmac
I had a code alarm on my 73' before i wrecked it sad.gif Shock sensor, motion sensor for when i left the top off, pin switches hook up on the doors, and actuators for keyless entry. always worked fine. Just took a while to figure out which wires to tap into, but it was a pretty straight forward install.

charles
Allan
I tried one of the cheaper current sensing alarms (Big Dog) I think it was called. Bought it from Frye's electronics. Was supposed to detect current flow and motion. If I touched the car it would chirp, but if I actually got in the car or opened the door it would do nothing. I thought it had a bad current sensor in it but after the second install I realized that it just would not pick up the current draw from the interior light. Gave up and took it back. There is one in the Crutchfield catalog for $70.00 bucks that says it will pick current changes but I havent tried that one. If you find a simple plug and use alarm that works, let me know. boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.