Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> F@#king Hurricane looters, Shoot em on sight
carr914
post Sep 7 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #1

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Made it thru the hurricane with minimal damage, BUT some buttwipe broke into the bodyshop where my 914-6 is at, broke the driver's vent. saw that there was no radio.etc.( track car) and messed with the interior. I can fix everything and have the glass. It's just the last thing I expected. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
T.C.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brett W
post Sep 7 2004, 05:50 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,169
Region Association: None

I agree, when something like that storm goes through an area a shoot on site policy should be used to help police the area. Those people are better off dead anyways.
+Quote Post
Allan
post Sep 7 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

Freakin scum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Sep 7 2004, 10:22 PM
Post #4

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21

Hey, didn't you hear?

You should not be allowed to own firearms because that automatically makes you a menace to society and your weapons are 99.98% guaranteed to randomly kill innocent women and children. The more sophisticated and expensive the firearm, the more likely it will go off in normal social situations. It just might even kill innocent people if it is locked up in your safe, unloaded, while you're not home!!! If someone appears to be taking your hard-earned possessions from your property without permission, it's just because they need them more than you do, but that's OK because they are victims of the failed economic system installed by the Republicans. It is yet to be determined how they learned how to operate an AK-47 or Uzi or load large-capacity handgun magazines, but cannot read past kindergarten level. Perhaps the gun possesses evil powers that teaches drive-by shooting techniques but suppresses any attempts at reading or math education?

---

Oops, I must be confusing the hurricane season with the end of the '94 Clinton AWB which expires on 9/13 or thereabouts. Because we all know that looters are just socially disadvantaged individuals who do not own assault weapons (since they're illegal and expensive) and they are only taking your TV and 'puter because they need to feed their [crack habit] er I mean children.

Meanwhile, law-abiding and tax-paying citizens cannot legally acquire the very same weapons that these "disadvantaged victims" are deploying against us. Unless of course we hold political office and/or have a few kilo-bucks pointed in the right direction (i.e. our local law enforcement or legislature official).

I apologize for the political rant as I know we voted against this stuff in the tech forums, but this is one of very few issues that strikes me especially hard as pure, unadulterated, lobbiest BULL$H!T!!! The 2nd amendment virtually does not exist in Kalifornia anymore.
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Sep 7 2004, 10:31 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 4

not everywhere is as nazi has CA! I have an AK-47 sitting 5ft from me right now. sure it is not full auto, but 30 rds in the magazine is still enough to take care of any looters. this is the one aspect of CA that drives me nuts. when I moved there I took my taurus .357 to the gun shop to register it. well, it was not on the "approved gun list" from the capitol so I could not register it with the state. the shop owner even called the dept that deals with this crap and they didn't know why it wasn't on there, but there was nothing I could do about it. this is just a standard 6" .357 revolver that appeared on the list under other brands, configurations, etc. sometimes you try and do the right thing and it just is not worth it.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Sep 7 2004, 10:59 PM
Post #6

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

first, what good does a gun do you if you're not at home while someone is going through your possesions?

and yes, being robbed sucks ...

i've seen my share of summers on this planet and i can honestly say i have never been in a situation where i would have *needed* a gun.
however, i have been in a few situations where i might would have used one if i have had one handy at the time.
you decide if that's a good thing.

i can live very well without guns.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Andy

PS: comparing CA to nazis is just plain stupid.
if you want to see what nazis do to people go visit auschwitz!
+Quote Post
Verruckt
post Sep 7 2004, 11:16 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,348

Not to throw another log on the fire... but I think what he meant was, that the first thing the Nazis did when they took power, was to grab up all the guns.

The looting sucks. I know that the police and emergency services are OVERWHELMED, and cannot be everywhere at once. It's too bad. Sorry to hear about that.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Sep 7 2004, 11:22 PM
Post #8

Resident German

QUOTE(Verruckt @ Sep 7 2004, 10:16 PM)
Not to throw another log on the fire... but I think what he meant was, that the first thing the Nazis did when they took power, was to grab up all the guns.

that's actually not true ...

the german communist party had 100,000 armed men in service when hitler took over.
and they actually did end up in quite a few skirmishes with the SS/SA and others.
the real problem was that most germans welcomed the nazis with open arms.
there was no need to disarm the ordenary people ...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Andy
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Sep 7 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #9

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

the guns are fine, it is the BULLETS that I have trouble with! Make those suckers $5000 each...

Children and Gun Violence

America is losing too many children to gun violence. Between 1979 and 2001, gunfire killed 90,000 children and teens in America. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics)
In one year, more children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, and HIV/AIDS combined. (Children's Defense Fund)
The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)

for more staticstics of 2nd amendment info: sad but true
+Quote Post
campbellcj
post Sep 7 2004, 11:59 PM
Post #10

I can't Re Member

Member No.: 21

I agree completely that guns and (young) kids absolutely do not mix. I am a dad and my wife is a mom as well as a board-certified pediatrician, so we are quite sensitive to such issues.

The large majority of these tragic incidents are due to either (a) completely brain-dead gun owners or handlers who should be screened-out by some kind of reasonable proficiency and safety testing process, or (b) illegal activities including drive-by shootings, school shootings, and other acts of psychotic individuals who are NOT operating under the law and have never been proven to be deterred by any law thus far passed, including capital punishment, registration requirements, or waiting periods!

One story I heard recently is of a garage sale accident where an old hunting rifle was left out on a curbside table, in a small rural town, with a for-sale tag. A man walked up and handled the rifle, NOT checking whether it was loaded, and pulled the trigger while it was pointed at other garage-sale attendees. A child was shot and injured, but survived IIRC. Clearly this was the gun's fault...NOT...BOTH the seller as well as the prospective buyer as well as anybody else in close proximity were negligent in obeying multiple "basic rules" of firearm safety.

I would love to see clear-cut evidence that gun control laws work, but thus far, I never have. All I see here in SoCal is that -- similar to the "drug war" -- supply is still present and those with the desire, funds, and disregard for the law are barely even slowed-down by the legislation that's in place.

We all know that drunk driving accidents and tobacco, to name a few, kill vastly more people each year than accidental shootings. ALL of these are really educational issues, not something that can be legislated under the rug in hopes they'll go away.
+Quote Post
Brett W
post Sep 8 2004, 12:09 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,169

"Children and Gun Violence"

The sole problem with our country today is a total lack of personal responsibilty. IF you would raise your kids instead of tying the hands of the teachers and then expecting them to do it for you then you wouldn't have a problem with "Children and Gun Violence".

Notice through out the first 80 years of the past century you didn't have these problems. When children still respected their elders, others, and property, there was no "gun" problem and at that time most of those households had a least 1 or more guns in the house.

Only when the government took over the raising of your children did these problems arise, but if you choose to ignore that fine, blame the problem on an inanimate object, but if you do your better outlaw rocks cuz' they must have cause Cane to kill Able.
+Quote Post
fiid
post Sep 8 2004, 02:02 AM
Post #12

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Member No.: 530

Odd that we are busy dis-arming Iraq when our own constitution guanrantees the right to bear arms.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Sep 8 2004, 02:29 AM
Post #13

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 8 2004, 12:02 PM)
Odd that we are busy dis-arming Iraq when our own constitution guanrantees the right to bear arms.

We've drifted way off topic... but, let me correct you, Fiid.

We are *not* disarming Iraqi citizens. Iraqi citizens have the right to carry firearms on their persons and keep them in their homes.

What the Multinational Force does look for is weapons caches. Anyone carrying an AK-47 openly down the street or a pile of them in the back of a pickup truck gets questioned... for obvious reasons. Weapons caches that are captured are turned over to the Iraqi Defense Corps / National Guard for legitimate use and training by them.

If an individual citizen is carrying a 9mm pistol in their belt... no one says anything, and soldiers do not have a right to disarm him without cause. Hunting rifles are not confiscated. AK-74s are still very common at weddings for... celebratory fire.

-Lawrence
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post Sep 8 2004, 02:32 AM
Post #14

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 8 2004, 12:02 AM)

Yeah, for "Americans"...If the Iraqis want to come over here, jump through immigration's hoops, and become citizens, they can have as many guns as they want too, "Constitutionally gauranteed". I more concerned about irresponsible drivers than irresponsible gun owners. They're both a huge menace to society, and granted there's plenty of both to go around, but I don't have half a dozen gun owners trying to take me out on the way to work everyday (correction: Missouri is a "Right to Carry" state, so some of those irresponsible drivers could be packin').

Back to the topic: Don't shoot the looters...run them over with your car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
redshift
post Sep 8 2004, 02:54 AM
Post #15

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here

:finger2:

I HATE YOU ALL! I VOTED FOR NADER!

M
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Sep 8 2004, 10:07 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 7 2004, 08:59 PM)
PS: comparing CA to nazis is just plain stupid.
if you want to see what nazis do to people go visit auschwitz!

you really should relax a bit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Sep 8 2004, 10:12 AM
Post #17

Resident German

QUOTE(vortrex @ Sep 8 2004, 09:07 AM)
you really should relax a bit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

i grew up in germany, i think i have all the right to be sensitive about this ...

it's part of my countrys history and i hate it when people don't get it right.
<_< Andy
+Quote Post
red914
post Sep 8 2004, 10:19 AM
Post #18

...i believe in coyotes and time as an abstract...

Member No.: 1,641

i guess this is OT, But...

help me out, please, SirAndy. with regards to the plebiscite which approved hitler's assumption of the president's powers in addition to those of chancellor: he was given oeverwhelming approval (i forget the numbers, but they are ridiculously high). how would you esplain it? i have encountered americans who see it as any of the following: first, pure fraud at the ballot. second, SA bully boys enforcing at the polls. third, a genuine expression of the german people's desire for order in the wake of an horrendous depression, and in the face of the communist threat.

thanks for the input.
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Sep 8 2004, 10:20 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 8 2004, 08:12 AM)
QUOTE(vortrex @ Sep 8 2004, 09:07 AM)
you really should relax a bit.    :shoot2kill:

i grew up in germany, i think i have all the right to be sensitive about this ...

it's part of my countrys history and i hate it when people don't get it right.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Andy

well in america, it's what we commonly refer to as a "figure of speech".
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Sep 8 2004, 10:43 AM
Post #20

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

In Canada handguns are illegal and a lot of folks just don't own a rifle. We don't have anywhere near the problems you do.

I'm not saying were perfect, almost every weekend you hear of a shooting in Toronto and the gun registry is a money wasting joke, but gun related happenings are fairly rare. Yes the crooks can get guns and we are not immune from violence, but I have never heard of a guy getting shot, just because a guy's car broke down and he wants to borrow the phone.

I know some of you have very strong opinions on this subject and I didn't know if wanted to post this pro-Canada statement on this issue... But it is one of the many reasons I love my country.

the guns are fine, it is the BULLETS that I have trouble with! Make those suckers $5000 each...

Chris Rock
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 05:09 PM