Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F@#king Hurricane looters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
Made it thru the hurricane with minimal damage, BUT some buttwipe broke into the bodyshop where my 914-6 is at, broke the driver's vent. saw that there was no radio.etc.( track car) and messed with the interior. I can fix everything and have the glass. It's just the last thing I expected. ar15.gif
T.C.
Brett W
I agree, when something like that storm goes through an area a shoot on site policy should be used to help police the area. Those people are better off dead anyways.
Allan
Freakin scum. chair.gif
campbellcj
Hey, didn't you hear?

You should not be allowed to own firearms because that automatically makes you a menace to society and your weapons are 99.98% guaranteed to randomly kill innocent women and children. The more sophisticated and expensive the firearm, the more likely it will go off in normal social situations. It just might even kill innocent people if it is locked up in your safe, unloaded, while you're not home!!! If someone appears to be taking your hard-earned possessions from your property without permission, it's just because they need them more than you do, but that's OK because they are victims of the failed economic system installed by the Republicans. It is yet to be determined how they learned how to operate an AK-47 or Uzi or load large-capacity handgun magazines, but cannot read past kindergarten level. Perhaps the gun possesses evil powers that teaches drive-by shooting techniques but suppresses any attempts at reading or math education?

---

Oops, I must be confusing the hurricane season with the end of the '94 Clinton AWB which expires on 9/13 or thereabouts. Because we all know that looters are just socially disadvantaged individuals who do not own assault weapons (since they're illegal and expensive) and they are only taking your TV and 'puter because they need to feed their [crack habit] er I mean children.

Meanwhile, law-abiding and tax-paying citizens cannot legally acquire the very same weapons that these "disadvantaged victims" are deploying against us. Unless of course we hold political office and/or have a few kilo-bucks pointed in the right direction (i.e. our local law enforcement or legislature official).

I apologize for the political rant as I know we voted against this stuff in the tech forums, but this is one of very few issues that strikes me especially hard as pure, unadulterated, lobbiest BULL$H!T!!! The 2nd amendment virtually does not exist in Kalifornia anymore.
vortrex
not everywhere is as nazi has CA! I have an AK-47 sitting 5ft from me right now. sure it is not full auto, but 30 rds in the magazine is still enough to take care of any looters. this is the one aspect of CA that drives me nuts. when I moved there I took my taurus .357 to the gun shop to register it. well, it was not on the "approved gun list" from the capitol so I could not register it with the state. the shop owner even called the dept that deals with this crap and they didn't know why it wasn't on there, but there was nothing I could do about it. this is just a standard 6" .357 revolver that appeared on the list under other brands, configurations, etc. sometimes you try and do the right thing and it just is not worth it.
SirAndy
first, what good does a gun do you if you're not at home while someone is going through your possesions?

and yes, being robbed sucks ...

i've seen my share of summers on this planet and i can honestly say i have never been in a situation where i would have *needed* a gun.
however, i have been in a few situations where i might would have used one if i have had one handy at the time.
you decide if that's a good thing.

i can live very well without guns.
cool.gif Andy

PS: comparing CA to nazis is just plain stupid.
if you want to see what nazis do to people go visit auschwitz!
Verruckt
Not to throw another log on the fire... but I think what he meant was, that the first thing the Nazis did when they took power, was to grab up all the guns.

The looting sucks. I know that the police and emergency services are OVERWHELMED, and cannot be everywhere at once. It's too bad. Sorry to hear about that.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Verruckt @ Sep 7 2004, 10:16 PM)
Not to throw another log on the fire... but I think what he meant was, that the first thing the Nazis did when they took power, was to grab up all the guns.

that's actually not true ...

the german communist party had 100,000 armed men in service when hitler took over.
and they actually did end up in quite a few skirmishes with the SS/SA and others.
the real problem was that most germans welcomed the nazis with open arms.
there was no need to disarm the ordenary people ...

wink.gif Andy
dinomium
the guns are fine, it is the BULLETS that I have trouble with! Make those suckers $5000 each...

Children and Gun Violence

America is losing too many children to gun violence. Between 1979 and 2001, gunfire killed 90,000 children and teens in America. (Children's Defense Fund and National Center for Health Statistics)
In one year, more children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, influenza, asthma, and HIV/AIDS combined. (Children's Defense Fund)
The rate of firearm deaths among kids under age 15 is almost 12 times higher in the United States than in 25 other industrialized countries combined. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)

for more staticstics of 2nd amendment info: sad but true
campbellcj
I agree completely that guns and (young) kids absolutely do not mix. I am a dad and my wife is a mom as well as a board-certified pediatrician, so we are quite sensitive to such issues.

The large majority of these tragic incidents are due to either (a) completely brain-dead gun owners or handlers who should be screened-out by some kind of reasonable proficiency and safety testing process, or (b) illegal activities including drive-by shootings, school shootings, and other acts of psychotic individuals who are NOT operating under the law and have never been proven to be deterred by any law thus far passed, including capital punishment, registration requirements, or waiting periods!

One story I heard recently is of a garage sale accident where an old hunting rifle was left out on a curbside table, in a small rural town, with a for-sale tag. A man walked up and handled the rifle, NOT checking whether it was loaded, and pulled the trigger while it was pointed at other garage-sale attendees. A child was shot and injured, but survived IIRC. Clearly this was the gun's fault...NOT...BOTH the seller as well as the prospective buyer as well as anybody else in close proximity were negligent in obeying multiple "basic rules" of firearm safety.

I would love to see clear-cut evidence that gun control laws work, but thus far, I never have. All I see here in SoCal is that -- similar to the "drug war" -- supply is still present and those with the desire, funds, and disregard for the law are barely even slowed-down by the legislation that's in place.

We all know that drunk driving accidents and tobacco, to name a few, kill vastly more people each year than accidental shootings. ALL of these are really educational issues, not something that can be legislated under the rug in hopes they'll go away.
Brett W
"Children and Gun Violence"

The sole problem with our country today is a total lack of personal responsibilty. IF you would raise your kids instead of tying the hands of the teachers and then expecting them to do it for you then you wouldn't have a problem with "Children and Gun Violence".

Notice through out the first 80 years of the past century you didn't have these problems. When children still respected their elders, others, and property, there was no "gun" problem and at that time most of those households had a least 1 or more guns in the house.

Only when the government took over the raising of your children did these problems arise, but if you choose to ignore that fine, blame the problem on an inanimate object, but if you do your better outlaw rocks cuz' they must have cause Cane to kill Able.
fiid
Odd that we are busy dis-arming Iraq when our own constitution guanrantees the right to bear arms.
Rusty
QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 8 2004, 12:02 PM)
Odd that we are busy dis-arming Iraq when our own constitution guanrantees the right to bear arms.

We've drifted way off topic... but, let me correct you, Fiid.

We are *not* disarming Iraqi citizens. Iraqi citizens have the right to carry firearms on their persons and keep them in their homes.

What the Multinational Force does look for is weapons caches. Anyone carrying an AK-47 openly down the street or a pile of them in the back of a pickup truck gets questioned... for obvious reasons. Weapons caches that are captured are turned over to the Iraqi Defense Corps / National Guard for legitimate use and training by them.

If an individual citizen is carrying a 9mm pistol in their belt... no one says anything, and soldiers do not have a right to disarm him without cause. Hunting rifles are not confiscated. AK-74s are still very common at weddings for... celebratory fire.

-Lawrence
SpecialK
QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 8 2004, 12:02 AM)

Yeah, for "Americans"...If the Iraqis want to come over here, jump through immigration's hoops, and become citizens, they can have as many guns as they want too, "Constitutionally gauranteed". I more concerned about irresponsible drivers than irresponsible gun owners. They're both a huge menace to society, and granted there's plenty of both to go around, but I don't have half a dozen gun owners trying to take me out on the way to work everyday (correction: Missouri is a "Right to Carry" state, so some of those irresponsible drivers could be packin').

Back to the topic: Don't shoot the looters...run them over with your car driving.gif
redshift
sad.gif

Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!

unsure.gif

I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here I will not be political here

:finger2:

I HATE YOU ALL! I VOTED FOR NADER!

M
vortrex
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 7 2004, 08:59 PM)
PS: comparing CA to nazis is just plain stupid.
if you want to see what nazis do to people go visit auschwitz!

you really should relax a bit. ar15.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(vortrex @ Sep 8 2004, 09:07 AM)
you really should relax a bit. ar15.gif

i grew up in germany, i think i have all the right to be sensitive about this ...

it's part of my countrys history and i hate it when people don't get it right.
<_< Andy
red914
i guess this is OT, But...

help me out, please, SirAndy. with regards to the plebiscite which approved hitler's assumption of the president's powers in addition to those of chancellor: he was given oeverwhelming approval (i forget the numbers, but they are ridiculously high). how would you esplain it? i have encountered americans who see it as any of the following: first, pure fraud at the ballot. second, SA bully boys enforcing at the polls. third, a genuine expression of the german people's desire for order in the wake of an horrendous depression, and in the face of the communist threat.

thanks for the input.
vortrex
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 8 2004, 08:12 AM)
QUOTE(vortrex @ Sep 8 2004, 09:07 AM)
you really should relax a bit.    :shoot2kill:

i grew up in germany, i think i have all the right to be sensitive about this ...

it's part of my countrys history and i hate it when people don't get it right.
dry.gif Andy

well in america, it's what we commonly refer to as a "figure of speech".
Mark Henry
In Canada handguns are illegal and a lot of folks just don't own a rifle. We don't have anywhere near the problems you do.

I'm not saying were perfect, almost every weekend you hear of a shooting in Toronto and the gun registry is a money wasting joke, but gun related happenings are fairly rare. Yes the crooks can get guns and we are not immune from violence, but I have never heard of a guy getting shot, just because a guy's car broke down and he wants to borrow the phone.

I know some of you have very strong opinions on this subject and I didn't know if wanted to post this pro-Canada statement on this issue... But it is one of the many reasons I love my country.

the guns are fine, it is the BULLETS that I have trouble with! Make those suckers $5000 each...

Chris Rock
SirAndy
QUOTE(red914 @ Sep 8 2004, 09:19 AM)
i guess this is OT, But...

probably all of the above ...

he was welcomed by most germans in the beginning (even the jews!).
the depression played a role as did the reparation payments and perceived "shame" of loosing WWI.
his plan was simple but effective. he created jobs by building up the military.
that got the unemployed people off the streets and helped building up "national self-esteem" which was severely damaged after WWI.
for example, he build the Autobahn for the sole purpose of being able to move his troops around very fast.

unfortunately, for the rest of the world, he was at the right place at the right time ...
<_< Andy
red914
thanks for your views. interesting thing abou the autobahn; eisenhower was obviously impressed by it. as a young colonel in 1919 or so he led a truck column across the u.s. on the old lincoln highway, which wasn't a highway in most places. took something like 40 days. fast forward 25 year, and he sees the autobahn. fast forward another 10 or so years and he is president, and establishes the interstate highway system.

sorry, this has nothing to do with hurrican looters. who should all be punished horribly. although that will not prevent it in the future. if they are killed at lest it will prevent those specific looters from doing it again.

i am done now. thank you for your patience.
wheelo
Cool .... A political smoke-fest..... Does anyone remember the "Rodney King" Riots in L.A. ???? Now that was some shit!! Only the Korean Store-Owners, perched a-top the roofs with Mini-Mac's and 9mm, kept the looters at bay!Cops and National Guard can't be everywhere. ar15.gif As, someone who grew-up in California,(one of the few), I have a unique perspective, say 45years worth, and let me tell you.... we are not all nuts & fairies.... most of them came here, from some where else! I grew-up with guns, qualified to carry .357, sharpshooter with M16 in military, Yet , you can't turn a blind eye to the fact that the USA does have a handgun problem, especially when compared to Europe. I agree with Brett W. That lack of respect and social disintegration is the real root of the problem. Children raised by mass-media without correct values...Friends we are rotting from the inside-out... Roman Empire II .... We the people must rise-up .... say enough is enough... our government is warped, and self-serving, The States,(United), is what makes this Country Strong!! I ask you ... What unites-us today? American Idol ? Iraq ? Walmart ?
I Love my State and my Country... But ...we can do much ... Better !

flag.gif
redshift
Precarious..

Civilization is always one generation away from complete destruction. It could come in many ways.

In the mid 2020's, there will be noone left to fight for the Constitution of the United States.

flag.gif

I refuse to have children.

M
Aaron Cox
everyone go download 'the decline" by NOFX wink.gif
bongo monkey
In response to the whole nazi stuff above; the Nazis did enforce gun control, but they beefed up law enforcement, so crime was extremely low in Nazi Germany.

That's what these liberals don't understand, you have to have an armed populace or an armed government. You can't have both be unarmed. If you take guns away from the people, then create an massive police army to shoot criminals on sight. If you take power away from the police force, then you better make sure the citizens are armed to the teeth.
tracks914
This post is just TOO good to pass up on.
Personally I love these O.T. posts, but too often I see them get carried away. (and I am usually the one to carry it)
Canadian gun registration = BAD thing.
Canadian guns laws = good thing
Legalizing automatic weapons = Very bad thing.
North American has 1000X's too many guns, hand or rifle.
Guns are too easy to buy and carry. ( I have three shot guns I use for hunting)
There has been a few times in my life where I was glad I didn't have a hand gun on me....because I WOULD have klilled someone, and regreted it the rest of my life!
NRA can bite me! They serve no better purpose or benefit to society.

Scottland Yard police do not carry guns. They don't have to because there are so few guns in the country. We can all learn from that.

OK that's enough now off to bed. smile.gif
Aaron Cox

Scottland Yard police do not carry guns.

my question...

why do they call it scottland yard if its in ENGLAND?

confused24.gif
vortrex
"Legalizing automatic weapons = Very bad thing."

so criminals are going to obey the laws for which guns they can commit crimes with? guess you didn't see the LA bank robbery some years back?

"( I have three shot guns I use for hunting)"

if I ever wanted to go on a mass public killing spree I would take a basic 12g hunting pump shotgun over an assault rifle anyday.

"There has been a few times in my life where I was glad I didn't have a hand gun on me....because I WOULD have klilled someone, and regreted it the rest of my life!"

but not everyone has trouble controlling their emotions.

"Scottland Yard police do not carry guns. They don't have to because there are so few guns in the country. We can all learn from that."

I just got back from japan, same thing. it's not because people don't have guns, it's because people act like civilized human beings in all aspects of life.
redshift
Look out harmful bastards, terrorists, and do-badders... this one has barbs.

I have an AR-15, with almost as much ammo as my car weighs, and two S&W 357s.

I have used a handgun for protection once, and once I was pistol whipped when I was unarmed... I later returned to that scene (a day later) and beat that person unconcious, with my fists.

I have a deep scar, he's got many, and less teeth.

M
fiid
I have caused a logic paradox with myself on gun control - so I have lost my opinion in my own argument - which I won't go into here.....

I do believe though that Canada has more firearms per capita that the US does, although a lot less gun related crime.
vortrex
QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 8 2004, 08:55 PM)
I do believe though that Canada has more firearms per capita that the US does, although a lot less gun related crime.

yes, and again, it's because canada is a more civilized country. if you could somehow round up every gun in this country owned by the public and dispose of them, the violence and crime would not subside. you would have people killing each other with scewdrivers and other random tools.

by the way, did you see CNN today about the guy who robbed the bank with a rusty pitchfork?
PatW
QUOTE(vortrex @ Sep 8 2004, 09:00 PM)

by the way, did you see CNN today about the guy who robbed the bank with a rusty pitchfork?

Shit. I used a pitchfork this weekend.. I better turn myself in before the cops track me down for using a unregistered pitchfork.. biggrin.gif happy11.gif
Mr.C
balljoint
We may have more guns per capita in Canada, but that may be because we have fewer to count (guns and people). And those guns are mostly rifles and shotguns, automatic firearms are illegal. Handguns can only be carried by law enforecement types and Brinks employees. The average citizen can own a handgun, but only for target shooting purposes and they may only transport the gun from home to their club in a locked box by law.

My firearms are for hunting and target shooting only. For home protection I moved to a nicer neighbourhood.

I am guessing that crime issues are more related to population density than civilized citizens. How many of us have been tempted to commit a crime after an extended stay by the in-laws?

In Oakville, Ontario, Canada yesterday a man attacked a co-worker with a chainsaw, so we may not be well behaved up here all the time.
tracks914
QUOTE(vortrex @ Sep 8 2004, 09:00 PM)
if you could somehow round up every gun in this country owned by the public and dispose of them, the violence and crime would not subside. you would have people killing each other with scewdrivers and other random tools.

Maybe you are right, we should just take away their screw drivers and give them RPG's. Why waste time with whimppy little AK's when we can go all out and take out whole gangs with just one pull of a trigger.
You think what happened in LA last year was bad, just think of how often it will happen when you can buy these weapons at WalMart. ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
vortrex
let me give you a little hint. the assault weapons ban being lifted DOES NOT allow you to buy automatic weapons! the ban is also not going to allow you to buy any different guns than you can currently get now. what it will do...you will be able to buy higher capapcity magazines CHEAPER than before. you can get them now, since they were manufactured prior to ban, they are just a little more expensive. you will also be able to buy folding stocks. the media is so screwy with this stuff showing pics of machine guns, etc. you will not be able to get these!!!

oh, by the way, if you live in nevada (and probably a couple other states) you have been allowed to buy full auto guns for a while now if you take a 1 day class for like $200. do you hear about everyone being gunned down there because of it? nope.
otto
That's right. You take a class in Nevada and you can get a carry permit. You can carry a 3.5 rocket launcher, M-60, whatever! If you ever get to LV go to the machine gun shop and for $35 bucks you get to squeeze off 50 rounds in the gun of your choice. (grease gun is the largest round) You military types remember the grease gun? All they have there to fire is fully automatic weapons from around the world. But you have to live in NV and it is only good NV.
vortrex
yup that's fun. I went to "the gun shop" in LV and shot the MP5 and M16 (converted to 9mm). the MP5 was the best!

in MI you can also now rent full auto guns at the range.
jgullock
QUOTE(redshift @ Sep 8 2004, 08:52 PM)
Look out harmful bastards, terrorists, and do-badders... this one has barbs.

I have an AR-15, with almost as much ammo as my car weighs, and two S&W 357s.

I have used a handgun for protection once, and once I was pistol whipped when I was unarmed... I later returned to that scene (a day later) and beat that person unconcious, with my fists.

I have a deep scar, he's got many, and less teeth.

M

Redshift - you da man! I'm over near Perry...got an AK with a 70 round drum propped up, 12 Ga riot gun under the bed, and pistols stashed here and there. Got a permit to carry and you bet your ass I do. I'm a refugee from "The Peoples Republic of Kali", moved here in 96 - love it. Seeing what happened to the State I was born and grew up in turns my stomach.

What needs to happen is make the punishment fit the crime. I'd even go so far as giving a victims family member 10 minutes in a locked room with the "perpetrator" and a baseball bat.

There's no accountability anymore. There was a recent shooting in Macon...the guy was out on bail after being comvicted for another murder...what's wrong with this picture? Now everyone's freaking about the AWB expiring cause now all these bad peoplez will be able to buy the Bushmaster (DC sniper rifle). Gee...let's see...how many shots didithey take at each person??? Uhhhhhhhhhhh....ONE. You could do the same thing with any single shot bolt action. Too dumb to figure that one out...stupid mutha fukahs!

I got capped 11 Sept 97 by a 20mm from an F-16 (no I wasn't in the middle East...I was in lovely Valdosta GA). Let's dump all those bad F-16's...too dangerous.
Mr_Chu
You're lucky you aren't seeing your parts being sold on ebay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.