Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> F@#king Hurricane looters, Shoot em on sight
carr914
post Sep 7 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #1

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

Made it thru the hurricane with minimal damage, BUT some buttwipe broke into the bodyshop where my 914-6 is at, broke the driver's vent. saw that there was no radio.etc.( track car) and messed with the interior. I can fix everything and have the glass. It's just the last thing I expected. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
T.C.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 39)
SirAndy
post Sep 8 2004, 10:47 AM
Post #21

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(red914 @ Sep 8 2004, 09:19 AM)
i guess this is OT, But...

probably all of the above ...

he was welcomed by most germans in the beginning (even the jews!).
the depression played a role as did the reparation payments and perceived "shame" of loosing WWI.
his plan was simple but effective. he created jobs by building up the military.
that got the unemployed people off the streets and helped building up "national self-esteem" which was severely damaged after WWI.
for example, he build the Autobahn for the sole purpose of being able to move his troops around very fast.

unfortunately, for the rest of the world, he was at the right place at the right time ...
<_< Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
red914
post Sep 8 2004, 11:23 AM
Post #22

...i believe in coyotes and time as an abstract...

Member No.: 1,641

thanks for your views. interesting thing abou the autobahn; eisenhower was obviously impressed by it. as a young colonel in 1919 or so he led a truck column across the u.s. on the old lincoln highway, which wasn't a highway in most places. took something like 40 days. fast forward 25 year, and he sees the autobahn. fast forward another 10 or so years and he is president, and establishes the interstate highway system.

sorry, this has nothing to do with hurrican looters. who should all be punished horribly. although that will not prevent it in the future. if they are killed at lest it will prevent those specific looters from doing it again.

i am done now. thank you for your patience.
+Quote Post
wheelo
post Sep 8 2004, 11:39 AM
Post #23

Dude

Member No.: 1,818

Cool .... A political smoke-fest..... Does anyone remember the "Rodney King" Riots in L.A. ???? Now that was some shit!! Only the Korean Store-Owners, perched a-top the roofs with Mini-Mac's and 9mm, kept the looters at bay!Cops and National Guard can't be everywhere. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) As, someone who grew-up in California,(one of the few), I have a unique perspective, say 45years worth, and let me tell you.... we are not all nuts & fairies.... most of them came here, from some where else! I grew-up with guns, qualified to carry .357, sharpshooter with M16 in military, Yet , you can't turn a blind eye to the fact that the USA does have a handgun problem, especially when compared to Europe. I agree with Brett W. That lack of respect and social disintegration is the real root of the problem. Children raised by mass-media without correct values...Friends we are rotting from the inside-out... Roman Empire II .... We the people must rise-up .... say enough is enough... our government is warped, and self-serving, The States,(United), is what makes this Country Strong!! I ask you ... What unites-us today? American Idol ? Iraq ? Walmart ?
I Love my State and my Country... But ...we can do much ... Better !

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
redshift
post Sep 8 2004, 04:59 PM
Post #24

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

Precarious..

Civilization is always one generation away from complete destruction. It could come in many ways.

In the mid 2020's, there will be noone left to fight for the Constitution of the United States.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

I refuse to have children.

M
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Sep 8 2004, 05:26 PM
Post #25

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

everyone go download 'the decline" by NOFX (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
bongo monkey
post Sep 8 2004, 08:09 PM
Post #26

Dented member

Member No.: 1,011

In response to the whole nazi stuff above; the Nazis did enforce gun control, but they beefed up law enforcement, so crime was extremely low in Nazi Germany.

That's what these liberals don't understand, you have to have an armed populace or an armed government. You can't have both be unarmed. If you take guns away from the people, then create an massive police army to shoot criminals on sight. If you take power away from the police force, then you better make sure the citizens are armed to the teeth.
+Quote Post
tracks914
post Sep 8 2004, 08:50 PM
Post #27

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

This post is just TOO good to pass up on.
Personally I love these O.T. posts, but too often I see them get carried away. (and I am usually the one to carry it)
Canadian gun registration = BAD thing.
Canadian guns laws = good thing
Legalizing automatic weapons = Very bad thing.
North American has 1000X's too many guns, hand or rifle.
Guns are too easy to buy and carry. ( I have three shot guns I use for hunting)
There has been a few times in my life where I was glad I didn't have a hand gun on me....because I WOULD have klilled someone, and regreted it the rest of my life!
NRA can bite me! They serve no better purpose or benefit to society.

Scottland Yard police do not carry guns. They don't have to because there are so few guns in the country. We can all learn from that.

OK that's enough now off to bed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Sep 8 2004, 09:10 PM
Post #28

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

Scottland Yard police do not carry guns.

my question...

why do they call it scottland yard if its in ENGLAND?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Sep 8 2004, 09:28 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 4

"Legalizing automatic weapons = Very bad thing."

so criminals are going to obey the laws for which guns they can commit crimes with? guess you didn't see the LA bank robbery some years back?

"( I have three shot guns I use for hunting)"

if I ever wanted to go on a mass public killing spree I would take a basic 12g hunting pump shotgun over an assault rifle anyday.

"There has been a few times in my life where I was glad I didn't have a hand gun on me....because I WOULD have klilled someone, and regreted it the rest of my life!"

but not everyone has trouble controlling their emotions.

"Scottland Yard police do not carry guns. They don't have to because there are so few guns in the country. We can all learn from that."

I just got back from japan, same thing. it's not because people don't have guns, it's because people act like civilized human beings in all aspects of life.
+Quote Post
redshift
post Sep 8 2004, 10:52 PM
Post #30

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

Look out harmful bastards, terrorists, and do-badders... this one has barbs.

I have an AR-15, with almost as much ammo as my car weighs, and two S&W 357s.

I have used a handgun for protection once, and once I was pistol whipped when I was unarmed... I later returned to that scene (a day later) and beat that person unconcious, with my fists.

I have a deep scar, he's got many, and less teeth.

M
+Quote Post
fiid
post Sep 8 2004, 10:55 PM
Post #31

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Member No.: 530

I have caused a logic paradox with myself on gun control - so I have lost my opinion in my own argument - which I won't go into here.....

I do believe though that Canada has more firearms per capita that the US does, although a lot less gun related crime.
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Sep 8 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(fiid @ Sep 8 2004, 08:55 PM)
I do believe though that Canada has more firearms per capita that the US does, although a lot less gun related crime.

yes, and again, it's because canada is a more civilized country. if you could somehow round up every gun in this country owned by the public and dispose of them, the violence and crime would not subside. you would have people killing each other with scewdrivers and other random tools.

by the way, did you see CNN today about the guy who robbed the bank with a rusty pitchfork?
+Quote Post
PatW
post Sep 8 2004, 11:29 PM
Post #33

Wassup?

Member No.: 317

QUOTE(vortrex @ Sep 8 2004, 09:00 PM)

by the way, did you see CNN today about the guy who robbed the bank with a rusty pitchfork?

Shit. I used a pitchfork this weekend.. I better turn myself in before the cops track me down for using a unregistered pitchfork.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Mr.C
post Sep 8 2004, 11:45 PM
Post #34

Easy does it

Member No.: 61

+Quote Post
balljoint
post Sep 9 2004, 09:08 AM
Post #35

914 Wizard

Member No.: 1,897

We may have more guns per capita in Canada, but that may be because we have fewer to count (guns and people). And those guns are mostly rifles and shotguns, automatic firearms are illegal. Handguns can only be carried by law enforecement types and Brinks employees. The average citizen can own a handgun, but only for target shooting purposes and they may only transport the gun from home to their club in a locked box by law.

My firearms are for hunting and target shooting only. For home protection I moved to a nicer neighbourhood.

I am guessing that crime issues are more related to population density than civilized citizens. How many of us have been tempted to commit a crime after an extended stay by the in-laws?

In Oakville, Ontario, Canada yesterday a man attacked a co-worker with a chainsaw, so we may not be well behaved up here all the time.
+Quote Post
tracks914
post Sep 9 2004, 04:31 PM
Post #36

Canadian Member

Member No.: 153

QUOTE(vortrex @ Sep 8 2004, 09:00 PM)
if you could somehow round up every gun in this country owned by the public and dispose of them, the violence and crime would not subside. you would have people killing each other with scewdrivers and other random tools.

Maybe you are right, we should just take away their screw drivers and give them RPG's. Why waste time with whimppy little AK's when we can go all out and take out whole gangs with just one pull of a trigger.
You think what happened in LA last year was bad, just think of how often it will happen when you can buy these weapons at WalMart. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Sep 9 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #37

let me give you a little hint. the assault weapons ban being lifted DOES NOT allow you to buy automatic weapons! the ban is also not going to allow you to buy any different guns than you can currently get now. what it will do...you will be able to buy higher capapcity magazines CHEAPER than before. you can get them now, since they were manufactured prior to ban, they are just a little more expensive. you will also be able to buy folding stocks. the media is so screwy with this stuff showing pics of machine guns, etc. you will not be able to get these!!!

oh, by the way, if you live in nevada (and probably a couple other states) you have been allowed to buy full auto guns for a while now if you take a 1 day class for like $200. do you hear about everyone being gunned down there because of it? nope.
+Quote Post
otto
post Sep 9 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 1,056

That's right. You take a class in Nevada and you can get a carry permit. You can carry a 3.5 rocket launcher, M-60, whatever! If you ever get to LV go to the machine gun shop and for $35 bucks you get to squeeze off 50 rounds in the gun of your choice. (grease gun is the largest round) You military types remember the grease gun? All they have there to fire is fully automatic weapons from around the world. But you have to live in NV and it is only good NV.
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Sep 9 2004, 06:40 PM
Post #39

yup that's fun. I went to "the gun shop" in LV and shot the MP5 and M16 (converted to 9mm). the MP5 was the best!

in MI you can also now rent full auto guns at the range.
+Quote Post
jgullock
post Sep 11 2004, 05:29 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 1,045

QUOTE(redshift @ Sep 8 2004, 08:52 PM)
Look out harmful bastards, terrorists, and do-badders... this one has barbs.

I have an AR-15, with almost as much ammo as my car weighs, and two S&W 357s.

I have used a handgun for protection once, and once I was pistol whipped when I was unarmed... I later returned to that scene (a day later) and beat that person unconcious, with my fists.

I have a deep scar, he's got many, and less teeth.

M

Redshift - you da man! I'm over near Perry...got an AK with a 70 round drum propped up, 12 Ga riot gun under the bed, and pistols stashed here and there. Got a permit to carry and you bet your ass I do. I'm a refugee from "The Peoples Republic of Kali", moved here in 96 - love it. Seeing what happened to the State I was born and grew up in turns my stomach.

What needs to happen is make the punishment fit the crime. I'd even go so far as giving a victims family member 10 minutes in a locked room with the "perpetrator" and a baseball bat.

There's no accountability anymore. There was a recent shooting in Macon...the guy was out on bail after being comvicted for another murder...what's wrong with this picture? Now everyone's freaking about the AWB expiring cause now all these bad peoplez will be able to buy the Bushmaster (DC sniper rifle). Gee...let's see...how many shots didithey take at each person??? Uhhhhhhhhhhh....ONE. You could do the same thing with any single shot bolt action. Too dumb to figure that one out...stupid mutha fukahs!

I got capped 11 Sept 97 by a 20mm from an F-16 (no I wasn't in the middle East...I was in lovely Valdosta GA). Let's dump all those bad F-16's...too dangerous.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 09:12 AM