Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The BFC is here, 80 gallon compressor arrived
Qarl
post May 3 2003, 05:00 PM
Post #1

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

Okay... made it to Tractor Supply with my neighbor's 2-ton pickup. Had the little country fellow load up the BFC on the back of the truck with the fork lift. Strapper her down. Drove home 10 miles very slowly. Backed up in the driveway.... err... uhhh... okay now what! 500 lb compressor in the bed of a truck. High center of gravity. Ummm..

Using a 12' fiberglass ladder, a piece of cardboard, a 2'x2' piece of 1" plywood, and a 6 foot 2x6 piece of lumber, we got her off the back of the truck and into the garage. Okay... (we had a McGyver moment)....

So here she is! All hail the BFC (Big F--ing Compressor if you're a bit slow!) 80 gallons, 18.1 CFM at 90PSI, 11.8 peak HP.

My neighbor kid wanted to know what it was for and what the valve on the right was. I told him it was a Fart Compressor. In case he ran out of farts, he could put his butt up to the valve, and we could "recharge" him.

Next comes the hardline plumbing and the wiring. Then I'll set up the bead blasting cabinet and I'll be able to start cleaning up suspension parts, rusty bolts and get down to the fun stuff of the restoration/conversion. I figure while the chassis is in the shop getting the flares welded on, and repainted, I can get set up shop.

Cleaning station, blasting station, repainting station, replating station.

Should be fun. Don't send OSHA my way.

Regards,

Karl

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:38 AM