Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Zambesi car lives, and then dies
peridotian
post Sep 8 2004, 09:28 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

So I bought a 78 911 SC this weekend that is total CREAMPUFF and therefor decided to sell the $2000 74 Green car to my son (HE'S STOKED!). The 914 however has problems. The deal with the 914 seller was I would bring a battery and if it started and did not have rod knock, blue smoke, grinding tranny etc, than we would complete the deal. The car started right up but was spewing fuel. We found the fuel leak, fixed it and tried to fire again. No power to Gages and no noise from starter. But there was a wierd noise fromk under the passenger seat. Unbolt seat and there is a couple of highly corroded modules, cut wires, corrosion both green and brown everywhere. One of the modules (Bosch logic?) has about 10 terminals on it and is the one that vibrates with the key on albeit half heartedly. There is a culrlicue wire running into the seat bottom on the pass side. Did I get heated seats? Can I just rip all the seat buzzer and related stuff out? Will the seat buzzer circuit being corroded cause a no start problem?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:24 AM