Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clutch Kits, Plus what parts?
Allan
post Sep 8 2004, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Teenerless Weenie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

Seriously getting ready to pull my motor on the weekend folowing the GAF. My thow-out bearing is making a little noise so I figure I'll replace the clutch and related parts while I'm at it. I am looking at the Pelicans 19 piece kit. I'm going to replace the tranny front seal as well as both front and rear seals on the motor. Is there anything else I will need regarding the clutch? Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post Sep 8 2004, 12:39 PM
Post #2

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

I already had a brand new 6 spring clutch disk, and asked the guys at PP if they could sell me the "19 piece clutch kit" minus the disk. No go...had to buy all of the components separately (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

The kit they sell looks very complete, so I don't know what else you'd need for the clutch job...but "while you've got it this far apart", you might as well do a complete engine rebuild (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Just kiddin'....well, kind of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Allan
post Sep 8 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #3

Teenerless Weenie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

If I dont find anything that would require it I don't plan on splitting the cases. I will replace the rings while it's apart and send the heads out.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 02:47 AM