Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DOH!!!!!, Shift coupler bushing Q
aircooledboy
post Sep 12 2004, 08:48 PM
Post #1

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Well,
Enjoyed the living hell out of driving the V8 this weekend. This thing turns heads like a compass needle to a magnet. I have NEVER enjoyed driving a car more than this thing. Hyevah, as the weekend went on shifting got more and more hinky, until once again I couldn't get reverse Damnit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) . So, I begin the trouble shooting, and sure enough, when I pull back the shift coupler cover, I get a handful of nylon pieces. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) One is completely crumbled, and there ain't much left of the other. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

I feel like a kid who keeps getting his lollipop taken away. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Yes, there is a question here. As I check both Haynes and my factory manual, it doesn't say sh#t about the coupler bushings. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Do they go in from the outside, or do I drive out the post in the middle and install them from the inside?

Thanks y'all
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post Sep 12 2004, 08:56 PM
Post #2

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

NEVERMIND.

I'm a tool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Found the answer w/ a search. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/monkeydance.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 04:24 PM