Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How far does it stick out?, Non stock steering wheel that is...
mistro
post Sep 13 2004, 08:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,786
Region Association: None

For those of you not using a stock steering wheel, how far does your aftermark wheel with spacer stick out from the dash? I have a Grant 13" and the spacer adds 5" to take the 6" or so that a stock wheel is away from the dash up to 11". Wondering if this is normal. Thanks. Michael
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Sep 13 2004, 08:13 PM
Post #2

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

post a picture (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot_Cannon
post Sep 13 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #3

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 480

My after-market wheel is actually closer to the dash than the stock wheel. It is so close that I had to cut off the end of the wiper arm so my hand didn't inadvertently activate the wipers. I just went downstairs and measured it. The forward edge of the steering wheel is 2 1/4 inches from the top of the dash pad. I have no idea what brand of wheel I have. I bought it at a swap meet.
Now that I think about it. It may not be because its closer to the dash but I may have been hitting the wiper switch because the wheel has a considerably smaller diameter.
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post
mistro
post Sep 13 2004, 09:53 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,786

Elliot and Aarond, Car is presently 75 miles away from me but I will post a pix of me holding the wheel in the older 73 "rustbucket". Elliot, I was measuring to the dial faces not the lip of the dash. Using that measurement, I'd subtract a good 3" making the stock wheel be out about 3" and my new Grant wheel about 8". I'll get pix on Wednesday. One good thing about the smaller wheel, there is no probelm with my legs to the pedals even with my long legs. Rgds, Michael
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 01:35 AM