Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need help finding hard-to-find grommets, and seals
r3dplanet
post Feb 29 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,741
Region Association: None

Komeraden,

I'm trying to get my engine back into the car following a D-Jet-Do-Over that was my winter project. I'm having a having a hell of a time finding some difficult to source parts, and I'm wondering if anyone can chime in. Most of these cross reference as VW parts, but every online or local air-cooled VW shop I've tried shows no stock.

Here's my list:

Air cleaner bracket plugs for 1.7L, part # 020 022 3 (qty 5) (+2 for misc engine tin)
J-Tube sheet metal grommet (bushing), part # 021 119 627 (qty 2)
Cold star injector gasket for 1.7L plenum, part # 022 133 075
Alternator wiring harness engine sheet tin grommet, part # ??? (I don't see this part in the parts diagrams, but it measures 32mm for the groove diameter, and the wires measure perhaps 13mm for the inside diameter).

In searching the forums I've seen other express a desire to find some of these bits, but I haven't seen any secret stashes.

Thanks,
Marcus

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 01:14 PM