Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help finding hard-to-find grommets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r3dplanet
Komeraden,

I'm trying to get my engine back into the car following a D-Jet-Do-Over that was my winter project. I'm having a having a hell of a time finding some difficult to source parts, and I'm wondering if anyone can chime in. Most of these cross reference as VW parts, but every online or local air-cooled VW shop I've tried shows no stock.

Here's my list:

Air cleaner bracket plugs for 1.7L, part # 020 022 3 (qty 5) (+2 for misc engine tin)
J-Tube sheet metal grommet (bushing), part # 021 119 627 (qty 2)
Cold star injector gasket for 1.7L plenum, part # 022 133 075
Alternator wiring harness engine sheet tin grommet, part # ??? (I don't see this part in the parts diagrams, but it measures 32mm for the groove diameter, and the wires measure perhaps 13mm for the inside diameter).

In searching the forums I've seen other express a desire to find some of these bits, but I haven't seen any secret stashes.

Thanks,
Marcus

ellisor3
Did you try the Bird??

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearc...;FILTER_TOOL=ON

These guys are local for me but they do ship as well. Carry most anything that is rubber:

http://www.hechtrubber.com/Catalog/Pages/Page-44.htm
r3dplanet
Yes. Pelican alerted me that the fuel injector gasket is no longer available from the Porsche warehouse in Germany. The other parts don't even register.
ellisor3
Might also try DC Auto, but being that these are plugs grommets and gaskets, they may not be in the best shape.
914werke
QUOTE(spankmeister7 @ Feb 29 2012, 02:00 PM) *
Komeraden,
I'm trying to get my engine back into the car following a D-Jet-Do-Over that was my winter project. I'm having a having a hell of a time finding some difficult to source parts, and I'm wondering if anyone can chime in. Most of these cross reference as VW parts, but every online or local air-cooled VW shop I've tried shows no stock.
Here's my list:
#1 Air cleaner bracket plugs for 1.7L, part # 020 022 3 (qty 5)
(+2 for misc engine tin)
#2 J-Tube sheet metal grommet (bushing), part # 021 119 627 (qty 2)
#3 Cold star injector gasket for 1.7L plenum, part # 022 133 075
#4 Alternator wiring harness engine sheet tin grommet, part # ???
(I don't see this part in the parts diagrams, but it measures 32mm for the groove diameter, and the wires measure perhaps 13mm for the inside diameter).

In searching the forums I've seen other express a desire to find some of these bits, but I haven't seen any secret stashes.

Thanks, Marcus

#1 Do you have a pic ?
#2 is available new from busdepot, but they are = to the OE pieces and deteriorate rapidly sad.gif
#3 ? is that a rubber piece?
#4 If you cant find it new, I have several used bye1.gif
nathansnathan
Auto atlanta is actually the cheapest place to get #1, the plugs for the air cleaner base
http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Rubber-...-GN0200223.html

Germany Supply has them for .40 more apiece.

I got some repros of #2 the air tube through the tin grommets off ebay but they are so thin it's pathetic. Better solution is to modify on of the rubber couplers for plumbing. The 1 1/2" size I think it is. The recesses for the clamps on the od fit snugly in the holes in the tin and the id is a good fit for the tubes.
IPB Image
914_teener
Mikey914....914rubber,com. makes an engine grommet kit.

I am pretty sure he has the j tube grommet.
r3dplanet
Confirmed. 914rubber.com has the J-tube grommets, but not a whole kit just yet. I spoke a little with Mark about this a while ago. The future looks bright.

QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 29 2012, 04:59 PM) *

r3dplanet
I saw that German Auto in Canada had the plugs, but nearly $5 each. That's okay, but they're out of stock according the e-mail from them.

QUOTE(spankmeister7 @ Feb 29 2012, 06:13 PM) *

Confirmed. 914rubber.com has the J-tube grommets, but not a whole kit just yet. I spoke a little with Mark about this a while ago. The future looks bright.

QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 29 2012, 04:59 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.