Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My one year anniversary
TheCabinetmaker
post Mar 1 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #1

I drive my car everyday

Group: Members
Member No.: 666

As some of you know, I am a gout sufferer. For those who don't know, its a terrible, painful disease. I knew what the "bad foods" were and avoided them. Still, about every 4 to 6 months I had an "attack" that could last as long as three weeks. Sometimes I would spend two of those weeks not being able to walk without the help of a cane and lots of pain meds. Last January I had a bout that lasted almost two months. One week my foot would hurt. It would clear up and the next day my elbow would swell and hurt. This went on from week to week. March 1 2011, I had my last drink of alcohol. I've been gout free since then and my uric acid level has dropped to half of what it used to be. Today is my one year anniversary of being sober. Now, I never figured myself an alcoholic, and I do love beer and wine (not to mention a good single malt). Besides the obvious health benefits, I've found so many "hidden" benefits. I immediately lost 30 pounds around the belly. My bank account balance has increased by about $500 bucks a month(easy 20 bucks a day for a good bottle of french red). I don't ever have to worry about getting arrested for a dui.

The bad part is the one arm guy who cleaned the beer cans from my trash can has lost a little income. Sorry dude, but your loss is my gain.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 21)
EdwardBlume
post Mar 2 2012, 12:47 AM
Post #21

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Keep up the good work! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
relentless
post Mar 3 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,636

Sorry to hear you suffer from gout. As a fellow sufferer, I know there probably isn't anything more painful than a severe attack. But, since I can't seem to give up my beer, I found a couple solutions.

Bee venom (really), which can be purchased from the Church of England. In the old days they used to let a bee sting the affected area, usually the big toe.

Indomethacin or Indocin. Miracle pills in a bottle that I always keep some on hand. As soon as I feel an attack coming on I take two of the pills, then take another one about 6 to 12 hours later, and every 12 hours after that until I am sure the attack is subsiding.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 02:42 PM