Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2.0 T-4 connecting rods, Lightweight (of course)
URY914
post Sep 15 2004, 09:42 AM
Post #21

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Sep 15 2004, 07:39 AM)
also, don't any of us work???

Should we be thinking about rods and holes on a weekday? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

dr

I do work. But this is MUCH more important!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

P
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dominic
post Sep 15 2004, 04:18 PM
Post #22

Dominic

Member No.: 149
Region Association: Northern California

I have a question on 2.0 rods? Are most people using the stock rods when they build performance engines? Since there are not too many chioces.....What are you folks using?

I'm going to be running a C/W crank and JE 96mm flat top pistons on my 2056cc engine.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Sep 15 2004, 06:34 PM
Post #23

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

Almost all my engines use a Type I rod combo.... I have the cranks and pistons made especially for it.

The 2.0 rod is heavy and weak ane more expensive for a rebuilt set than a H beam rod set that is 400 grams lighter and will hold 200 more HP.

There are no aftermarket rods for the TIV using a stock journal unless you call Pauter ( I don't like theirs) or Carrillo ($$$ but worth every dime)

I am working on a 2.0 replacement rod that will drop right in, and also another version that is longer for better rod ratios.

BTW, if its a street engine the JEs may not be the best choice. The Keith Blacks are a much better street piston. They run quieter, burn less oil and are lighter- just as strong.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Sep 16 2004, 08:17 AM
Post #24

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

so the am 2.0 type 4 rods that cb and aircooled.net sell are incompatible/won't work?

kevin
+Quote Post
URY914
post Sep 16 2004, 11:52 AM
Post #25

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Jake,
I gotta use my stock rods due to my 97mm Arias pistion's pin height which I posted about a few days ago. You said I need to get the weight down to 600 grams.

So looking I'm for the best way to do this. Grind and clean it up or drill some holes like the picture above?

Paul
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:29 AM