Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1974 2.0 fuel pump question
sweathappens
post Mar 1 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,636

You guys have had some lively discussions about converting to a Napa 2 hole fuel pump from an original 3 hole pump. I still don't quite get it. So, is the right way to set up the new pump to take out the T and simply run the return line back to the tank and then run the other two lines to the inlet side of the pump and the other one to the outlet side.

Also, what is the best way to make sure gasoline doesn't run all over the place?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Mar 1 2012, 03:21 PM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

Not Quite. First, the pre 75 cars have a 3 port pump whether it be a 2L or 1.7. There are only two lines under the tank, and thru the tunnel. When you remove the 3port pump, the 3rd line just goes away. The late model pump has one inlet and one outlet. Tank to filter, filter to pump, pump to engine and presure regulator, then back to the tank. Simple.

To stop the gas flow with open hoses, use two small c clamps or whatever to close the hoses before disonnection. One on the supply, one on the return. Please disconnect the battery and take the car outside, and have a frie extinguisher handy.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
sweathappens
post Mar 1 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,636

Thanks!

Sounds like fun! I might just siphon the tank before I get involved with this. What do I do with the third line? Do I unhook it and leave it hang or do I need to block it off?
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Mar 1 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #4

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

On the 3 port, there is a short hose to a "T" which the return line from the engine connects to. Just eliminate the "T" and connect the return line from the engine to the return line to the tank.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:12 AM