Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 2.0 fuel pump question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sweathappens
You guys have had some lively discussions about converting to a Napa 2 hole fuel pump from an original 3 hole pump. I still don't quite get it. So, is the right way to set up the new pump to take out the T and simply run the return line back to the tank and then run the other two lines to the inlet side of the pump and the other one to the outlet side.

Also, what is the best way to make sure gasoline doesn't run all over the place?

smash.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Not Quite. First, the pre 75 cars have a 3 port pump whether it be a 2L or 1.7. There are only two lines under the tank, and thru the tunnel. When you remove the 3port pump, the 3rd line just goes away. The late model pump has one inlet and one outlet. Tank to filter, filter to pump, pump to engine and presure regulator, then back to the tank. Simple.

To stop the gas flow with open hoses, use two small c clamps or whatever to close the hoses before disonnection. One on the supply, one on the return. Please disconnect the battery and take the car outside, and have a frie extinguisher handy.
sweathappens
Thanks!

Sounds like fun! I might just siphon the tank before I get involved with this. What do I do with the third line? Do I unhook it and leave it hang or do I need to block it off?
SLITS
On the 3 port, there is a short hose to a "T" which the return line from the engine connects to. Just eliminate the "T" and connect the return line from the engine to the return line to the tank.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.