Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Got the trunk to open .. now have a few ?'s about carbs, Found trunk release switch and found this in trunk
1973-914-2L
post Mar 19 2012, 03:37 PM
Post #21

914 newb ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,217
Region Association: Central California

As far as the engine goes .. I am unsure of the cam .. it supposedly was rebuilt when they went to the single carb , no paper work available .. or anchor on the top but I have no info on that and the guy I got the car from had no idea .. are there was to tell with out cracking the case ??

I am a sponge for knowledge and know I am in the right spot for advice on this car .. Thanks to all of you who have chimed in .. Its all appreciated and I am the type to ask before I do and try to keep the urge down to do something just because it looks cool ..

Thanks as always

and again very glad I was directed here .. great place .. great people and great advice

Steve (IMG:style_emoticons/default/newhere.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Mar 19 2012, 03:56 PM
Post #22

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

pull valve covers and measure cam lift with a dial indicator, and measure duration with a degree wheel.....
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Mar 20 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #23

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

look down from the top of one of the barrels. under the pump jet (#16) you should see a number on the top edge of the 'choke' (#12 on the parts diagram). for stock 40s it's prob 28. in good working order the webers should provide a step up in performance over the single setup. look for a set of CB tall manifolds and a set of NEW head appropriate stock FI intake runner to head gaskets. figure out what style of fuel pump (rotary vs facet) is currently on your car.

k
+Quote Post
bryanf
post Mar 20 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 5,435

I think you are safe removing the chokes...I have dual 40s on my 2.0l daily driver and they sputter a bit on cold mornings but are fine within a couple minutes of driving...
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 05:29 PM