Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> I need a early model glove box assy., Seems my 73 glove box and door do not fit.
Haudiosolutions
post Mar 10 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,284
Region Association: South East States

The P.O. decided a CB and a currently non functioning EQ would look better where the glove box was and I must disagree... I figured my 73 glove box and door would slip right in but it seems the early model set up's are longer. It's a shame too since my 73 stuff is in really good shape. Any one? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 6)
timofly
post Mar 10 2012, 08:30 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,082
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(Haudiosolutions @ Mar 10 2012, 08:07 PM) *

The P.O. decided a CB and a currently non functioning EQ would look better where the glove box was and I must disagree... I figured my 73 glove box and door would slip right in but it seems the early model set up's are longer. It's a shame too since my 73 stuff is in really good shape. Any one? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Send me the dimentions for what you need. i have a couple doors, buut i have no idea what they came from.

+Quote Post
pete000
post Mar 10 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,094

The early cars have no side vents so the glove box is about an inch wider than the later cars.

If you can't find a door let me know I have one that is stripped ready to be painted. No basket weave or flipper though.
+Quote Post
Haudiosolutions
post Mar 10 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 10 2012, 09:40 PM) *

The early cars have no side vents so the glove box is about an inch wider than the later cars.

If you can't find a door let me know I have one that is stripped ready to be painted. No basket weave or flipper though.

No basket weave is fine. Will still need to find the box portion as well.
Thanks for the offer, lets see what pops up. I don't mind if it's rough just need all the pieces. I'm sure I can patch up the box and repaint or cover the door. Doing searches seems to turn up late model pieces or those of unknown year. I don't mind paying something reasonable or trade my 73 stuff for someone who may be in the same boat with opposite pieces.

Thanks again
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Haudiosolutions
post Mar 11 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #5

Figured there would be more early parts cars out there with glove boxes needing a good home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
hencar
post Mar 17 2012, 04:37 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,097

I have a couple of the early 914 glove box doors here in Little Rock. Email me at hcarraro@hughes.net for details.

Thanks in advance,

henry
+Quote Post
1973-914-2L
post Mar 17 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #7

914 newb ...

Member No.: 14,217
Region Association: Central California

Haudiosolutions I have a 73 and am looking for a glove box door .. let me know what you want for yours if it comes up for sale .. sorry I cant help you on an a swap but it seams a few others here may have what your looking for ..

Steve
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:21 PM