Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How weird is this
StratPlayer
post Sep 18 2004, 11:33 AM
Post #1

StratPlayer

Group: Members
Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Got up today to take the teener out to wash it. I took the car for a good run last night top off and enjoying the beautiful sunset and drive through the canyons. Car ran like a charm. I get in the car to start it up, car fires up fine but it runs full boar. I turn it off with the key. I start it again and again the same thing happens car runs a full rpm. I go an lift the engine lid and start checking hoses, wiring, etc. I can't see anthing wrong. I pull the aircleaner and start checking fuel lines, etc.. I get over to the drivers side and this is what I see. Both fuel injectors were just laying outside of the intake pipes. Apparently both the nuts that hold the valve holders in place were gone and the injectors just came out of the intake pipes. Now I can see maybe one coming loose but both of them coming off... What are the chances of that happening???? No wonder the car was trying to run away with itself... 2.0 D jet. I looked all around the engine tin where the injectors are located but no sign of the nuts that were on the intake pipes to hold the injectors in place... WEIRD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Sep 18 2004, 02:49 PM
Post #2

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

Wasn't there someone posting about looking for injector boots yesterday??? Do they live close by???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

They can work themselfs loose over time..
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Sep 18 2004, 03:56 PM
Post #3

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Aliens landed in Utah last night and were short a couple of nuts for their Tera Drive. I advised them that they would find what they were looking for on a Teener with D-Jet Injection.

Sorry............... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
SpecialK
post Sep 18 2004, 04:25 PM
Post #4

aircraft surgeon

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,797

Sabotage! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 05:56 AM