Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sumthin' broke..., in the shitbox.....
Porsche Rescue
post Sep 20 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #21

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Group: Members
Member No.: 64
Region Association: None

Not sure about Bruce but truth is I hardly used them on that course. Maybe you're saying I should have been going faster so I'd need 'em!

It seemed like I did best when I drove the entire course with the throttle. A tight course like that seems to favor the four more than most of our courses.

Your gonna get Gary all fixed up and he'll be beatin' me too. Stop that!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
drgchapman
post Sep 20 2004, 12:20 PM
Post #22

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hi guys, this is the neubie with the blue 914. Thanks for all your help and guidance. What a great group. Ya, I'm hooked. Looking feverously for the right shock set up. Found a set of Koni's, springs, adjustable perches for about $800.00. Shocks are Koni sports, yellow paint. I think I want 180# rear springs like Jim, this will be a dedicated AX car. Any thoughts?
+Quote Post
drgchapman
post Sep 20 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #23

Current Stable

Group: NoClassifiedAccess
Member No.: 2,789

I need to meet Chuck, a water skier? I do that in my other spare time, LOVE to ski! It's a speed thing. Also been looking at exhaust systems, as ya'll might of noticed, I'm in need. Looked at Kerry Hunter's design, and also Tangerine racing(very expensive). Anyone know anything?
+Quote Post
seanery
post Sep 20 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #24

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

Tangerine's are made by a guy here goes by RacerChris...they seem to be the schnizel...start a new thread asking about them.
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Sep 20 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #25

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Sep 20 2004, 10:03 AM)
Not sure about Bruce but truth is I hardly used them on that course. Maybe you're saying I should have been going faster so I'd need 'em!

Your gonna get Gary all fixed up and he'll be beatin' me too. Stop that!!

Heh, heh.......maybe.

The West end of that course was fulla little throttle squirts & brake jabs....not that *I* ever got it right. Skinner designed that thing than got rained out while trying to catch that first run group Boxster.

Hopefully the weather will be better in 2 weeks and we'll go fer a couple fun runs in your car. I'll drive it first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Gary IS agressive in his driving. Next time I talk to him, I'll suggest that he just go buy a 914 that is set-up for AX.
There are none around here that I know of......except yours
(ole lightfoot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ). I'm guessing, but I don't think he wants to do the work himself. The mods he wants to do would be pretty expensive if he has a shop do it.
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Sep 20 2004, 02:03 PM
Post #26

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441

J P Stein Posted on Sep 20 2004, 10:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim: I was watching both you and Bruce run. Have both of you disconnected your brake lights?

Yuppers, you hit the nail in da right spot.... decided to make the car lighter & rip out all the wiring in the rear....

Din't work tho did it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif) (shit!)

I promise JP, next time, I'll do the brake/throttle thang like, you know... balls to da walls (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

.....b (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:17 AM