Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> COA, How to obtain COA
Sea Dragon 914
post Mar 15 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 358
Region Association: Northern California

Yeah, I've been doing 914s for a long time. I had two kids (one in 1997 and one in 1999) and needless to say I was really busy with them and the cars collected dust. If my count isn't off, I've been through nine 914s since 1983 and I gave other friends the fever as well (one of my buddies owned four over a span of less than 5 years including a special order creamsicle that had a painted targa top from the factory; he had the window sticker and original receipts).

Two of my cars were mothballed for the past 10 years. I've been commuting in my Aubergine car and recently got my track car running again. My bumblebee has been dead in the water since 2002 as it has an electrical short from the relay panel to the fuel pump and I haven't had the time to tinker and fix it (plus I'm not great at electrical stuff).

I used to run a lot of PCA GGR driving events and used to be an Auto-X instructor but then the kids came along (not sure how that happened (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) ). The last competitive event I ran was the 2000 Porsche Parade Auto-X in Sacramento where I won my class. One of my buddies ran my car in the TT series in the early 1990's until he had an accident and lost a few of his fingers). So the race car sat from 1992 until this year. Anyway, the kids are old enough now that I can start spending time on other fun things so I decided to get the cars going again. I got the the track car running a couple months ago and have been taking it out on the weekends when the weather is nice (a few weeks back I was at the San Ramon breakfast in it). Most of the time the track car is up on jack stands.

My next priority is to re-build the Aubergine car. I have most of the parts and am looking for a place to redo my heads. Back in the 90's Lee Hamilton did my head work. I'll be contacting him in the next few weeks to see if he'd be willing to do another couple of sets of heads for me. If not, I'll have to find someone else.

I'd like to get the car repainted when I have the engine out so I need to find someone to re-paint it. I'm hoping to have the Aubergine car done by the end of summer. I haven't figured out when I'm going to start working on the bumblebee again. It has been buried under a lot of stuff and I've been slowly digging it out.

Anyway, I want to get active again with the 914s. One of my old race buddies recently bought a tube framed 914 race car (Bill Pickering's 914 race car; I think it is an SCCA GT4 class car) and I was up a Sears with him in December. That inspired me to get back into the cars.

I'm in Pleasant Hill so if you hear a loud type IV bombing around town and you see either an oxidized Aubergine car or Orange 914 with blue race numbers and a variety of sticker on it, it's me.

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 15 2012, 03:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Sea Dragon 914 @ Mar 12 2012, 02:58 PM) *

There is a small plate on the front of the driver's side door jam that has the paint code. Also, I believe there is a VIN number on the passenger front wheel well under the bonnet. I think there is also a chassis number on the passenger side in the rear trunk.

Not to threadjack but wow, Sea Dragon 914 you've been a member for 9 years and that was only your 14th post?!?

Where in NorCal are you, thats quite a list of 914's you got there!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Mar 16 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #22

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Hi Richard...glad you resurfaced.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:41 PM