Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1st oil change! Checking my list - am I set?
1973-914-2L
post Mar 14 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #21

914 newb ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,217
Region Association: Central California

Thats the one .. the multi weight 20-50w .. had mine delivered at no cost and got a 15 buck gift card because I was over a hundred .. worked pretty good 130 +/- to the door ... another local pelican got to the three az in town before I could get there and emptied the shelves ...

Great oil and good numbers ... Plus for the price .... the 911 holds 11qts .. good thing it only gets changed annually ..........

Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NJ914Guy
post Mar 14 2012, 11:19 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 12,546
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Hey guys, not trying to hi-jack this thread but will the air-cooled engine in the 914 run hotter or cooler with the Brad-Penn 20w-50 oil vs. 10W-30 weight (assuming summer months). I am referring to the oil temps as read by the factory temp gauge or a dip stick thermometer.

Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Mar 15 2012, 04:17 AM
Post #23

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

The car needs to be sitting level to completely drain. Drain it with the ass in the air on stands or ramps, and you leave a qt. of oil in the case. If this is a new to you car and you have no idea of past maintenance, I suggest you remove and inspect the sump. It could warn you of potential problems. After that, every other change.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 01:11 AM