Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mistake in placement of post, question for the Dr or anyone else
worn
post Mar 15 2012, 09:30 AM
Post #1

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I bought a side shift transmission and of course the first thing I did was to take the back cover off. Good news is the dog teeth look sharp. OK, not really going to work on this right now, lets button it back up. No go. It appears that all or at least a few of the studs are splayed slightly outwards and I can get things lined up but the ting won't tap back together. I have reverse sliding across it's gear, and I am watching the notched thrust piece try to slide off, but it won't quite go. Any thoughts before I break something?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 15 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #2

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

If you got it off, then you should be able to get it on. Once the studs are in the holes, it is the idler gear stud (big honker poking out of the tail cone) that needs to thread through the flat bearing and the notch washer. The only other possible sticking point might be the speedo drive (take it out) before putting the cone on.

Thanks for pointing me to this thread, rmital (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Mar 15 2012, 03:11 PM
Post #3

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 15 2012, 02:02 PM) *

If you got it off, then you should be able to get it on. Once the studs are in the holes, it is the idler gear stud (big honker poking out of the tail cone) that needs to thread through the flat bearing and the notch washer. The only other possible sticking point might be the speedo drive (take it out) before putting the cone on.

Thanks for pointing me to this thread, rmital (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) Replies belong in the garage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Mar 15 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #4

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Who are you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 05:50 PM