Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mistake in placement of post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
I bought a side shift transmission and of course the first thing I did was to take the back cover off. Good news is the dog teeth look sharp. OK, not really going to work on this right now, lets button it back up. No go. It appears that all or at least a few of the studs are splayed slightly outwards and I can get things lined up but the ting won't tap back together. I have reverse sliding across it's gear, and I am watching the notched thrust piece try to slide off, but it won't quite go. Any thoughts before I break something?
Dr Evil
If you got it off, then you should be able to get it on. Once the studs are in the holes, it is the idler gear stud (big honker poking out of the tail cone) that needs to thread through the flat bearing and the notch washer. The only other possible sticking point might be the speedo drive (take it out) before putting the cone on.

Thanks for pointing me to this thread, rmital wink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 15 2012, 02:02 PM) *

If you got it off, then you should be able to get it on. Once the studs are in the holes, it is the idler gear stud (big honker poking out of the tail cone) that needs to thread through the flat bearing and the notch washer. The only other possible sticking point might be the speedo drive (take it out) before putting the cone on.

Thanks for pointing me to this thread, rmital wink.gif

welcome.png Replies belong in the garage tongue.gif av-943.gif
Dr Evil
Who are you! blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.