Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rick - I need your help, chassis twist
jdlmodelt
post Jan 8 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #41

James D. Lane

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,210
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 23 2012, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(sofi2t81 @ Mar 23 2012, 12:33 PM) *

Good to follow that thread.
I have the problem that the PO messed up my passenger door gap when restoring the hell hole. He welded in the inner wheel house without supporting the longs, so my door gap is 1mm at the top.
My plan is to but the car on jack stands. Push the door gap open like you did and then weld in the Engman kit with little heat as possible. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
Do you think that would work, or do I have to cut the longs? (I don’t like that idea (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) )

Peter

If there was no chassis stiffening done yet you should be able to move the gap. Once there, be sure to brace it before welding. Don't forget to check the targa top opening as you go.

Do I understand that to mean that if there was no chassis stiffening done then there is no cutting to do...just put the power jack in and straighten?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 02:22 PM