Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT Carrea GT, the ultimate 914, Saw one in a body shop yesterday
Joshporsche
post Sep 23 2004, 03:31 PM
Post #21

914 addiction

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,408

For all those comments about the Carrera GT being hit, Just think if some guy without insurance slammed into you when you were driving your 914.

All hell would break loose!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carreraguy
post Sep 23 2004, 04:11 PM
Post #22

It's not your dad's 914!

Member No.: 1,256
Region Association: Northern California

Well, I'm not a fan of Big Brother either but if carrying some papers would help ensure better, safer and more responsible drivers on the road, I guess you could call me a Little Brother!

I hope this does not evolve into a discussion of political correctness - don't want to go there!
+Quote Post
redshift
post Sep 23 2004, 06:10 PM
Post #23

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

If the police would beat people regularly for no reason, things would change for the better... pretty quick.

(if we knew what was good for us)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

shhhh
+Quote Post
Meredith
post Sep 23 2004, 06:43 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,414
Region Association: None

I feel kind of lame. I had to look at the picture of the CGT for a good 30 seconds until I saw where it got hit. I thought it would have been worse. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Mer
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post Sep 24 2004, 01:03 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 506

I carry uninsured motorist coverage. I hate my fellow man.
+Quote Post
wheelo
post Sep 24 2004, 01:34 AM
Post #26

Dude

Member No.: 1,818

Drive Defensive !! There is no short-supply of Idiots, (Licensed and Insured), ready to wreck your pride-n-joy! I have driven three decades-worth of miles in Calif. and those of you that live in quietville may not understand. Police are not "overdoing-it" they are out-numbered and out-gunned" here in "metropolis" .... People that don't play by the rules should get "hammered" as they drag-down everyone, while inflating costs....
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
PS - New GT - seen in person today @ sonnen porsche in mill valley, ca ($435k) you can see @www.sonnen.com click on porsche crest, then GT car, looks good in yellow,red and black!!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
+Quote Post
bob91403
post Sep 24 2004, 01:46 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 2,763

QUOTE(Jeff Bonanno @ Sep 23 2004, 12:51 PM)
anyone want to advance a guess as to why there are so many uninsured autos in CA?

when i moved here and registered my NY vehicle, the DMV didn't ask for any proof of insurance. when i bought a second vehicle and registered that, again no proof needed. when i bought the teener, guess what? no proof needed!

same for inspection in each case (you know, the kind where the check to see ifin it illuminates the road or stops)

oh, but i forgot. they not only wanted, but needed - no, demanded! smog paperwork. dumbass state. no way you get on the road legally registered without insurance in ny.

You have to show proof of insurance to get your car registered in California. The problem is with the stinking insurance companies. They allow people to make a down payment and then monthly payments. People go out and make the first payment, get the car registered, then stop paying for the rest of the year. The insurance companies should be required to notify the DMV of nonpayment, and send out notifications to the owner that their registration, and their license, has been revoked for noncompliance until they rectify the situation. They should then be put on probation, and be required to pay for the full year in advance. It is against the law to drive in California without insurance. And yet we are practically forced to buy uninsured motorist coverage just to protect ourselves. Isn't that the same as paying for the other guy's insurance? The state should be responsible for uninsured motorist coverage. It's against the law, and the state is responsible for enforcing it. There should be no such thing as uninsured motorist coverage. The state already regulates the insurance companies, and they still make a ton of money. They should kick them all out and make everyone pay for their state coverage with their registration. The state makes money, insurance rates are kept fair, everybody is covered, it's a win win.
+Quote Post
wheelo
post Sep 24 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #28

Dude

Member No.: 1,818

Wrong ....
Less Government = More !!
Win-Win ... Is when people act RESPONSIBLY towards others in the community!!
State & Fed Gov. is already BLOATED and ineffective...
If they want to do something about smog, why-not send-home 1/3rd of the millions of people that : LIVE, WORK, DRIVE, PLAY, here ... ILLEGALLY !! I am sure that would put a serious dent in the smog generation !!
But....noooooo ! we get assembly bill XYZ .... and $50 x zillions of cars = another cash cow for Sacramento!!
Don't be fooled.... we can do better !
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

PS - How Bout that GT ?? would look great in my garage!
+Quote Post
phantom914
post Sep 24 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #29

non-914-owner non-club member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,708

QUOTE(bob91403 @ Sep 23 2004, 11:46 PM)
anyone want to advance a guess as to why there are so many uninsured autos in CA?  

when i moved here and registered my NY vehicle, the DMV didn't ask for any proof of insurance.  when i bought a second vehicle and registered that, again no proof needed.  when i bought the teener,  guess what?  no proof needed!

same for inspection in each case (you know, the kind where the check to see ifin it illuminates the road or stops)

oh, but i forgot.  they not only wanted, but needed - no, demanded! smog paperwork.  dumbass state.  no way you get on the road legally registered without insurance in ny.

You have to show proof of insurance to get your car registered in California. ......................

I live in CA. I bought my 914 two months ago. I registered it and didn't have to show proof of insurance. Stoopid ain't it?

Andrew
+Quote Post
morph
post Sep 24 2004, 06:53 PM
Post #30

quality parts builder

Member No.: 1,389
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

no way you get on the road legally registered without insurance in ny.

same in oregon.but in washington when i lived there it was the same way they didnt care if you had insurance or not as long as you had the cash and reg.
+Quote Post
blaize
post Sep 26 2004, 12:17 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 1,866

I am A P-Tech and I was in Reno early this month at the training facility for a course on 997 intro. In the class with me were the svc. manager for the dealer that that GT is from and the tech that was in the Pass. seat whet it got hit.

They told me it was a little over 130k for the repair. the rear bumper cap alone is around 16k. It's plastic, just like a civic, but of course it fits a GT so 16k. They had to get a couple of engineers from the fatherland to come over and x-ray the tub for cracks (of wich there were none) and of course the tailight and that center panel. I think they said the exhaust was bent too.

At any rate I meant to post all this when I got back as I remember the old thread but I forgot until I saw this one. so there it is. that tap would have cost 1500 or so on a civic perhaps 3500 on a boxter and 130,000+ on the GT.

I was in atlanta at the other facility last week and in the next room they were doing the GT class. I stuck my head in a few times as they took it all apart. coolest thing I have ever seen. after they had it back together they were buzzing it around the parking lot, it is FAST. exhaust note is damn near f1. Really wish I was loaded. Its much prettier in person too. I have always thought the photos were ugly, but in the flesh not so. very good looking.
+Quote Post
bob91403
post Sep 26 2004, 12:52 AM
Post #32

QUOTE(phantom914 @ Sep 24 2004, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Sep 23 2004, 11:46 PM)

when i moved here and registered my NY vehicle, the DMV didn't ask for any proof of insurance.  when i bought a second vehicle and registered that, again no proof needed.  when i bought the teener,  guess what?  no proof needed!

oh, but i forgot.  they not only wanted, but needed - no, demanded! smog paperwork.  dumbass state.  no way you get on the road legally registered without insurance in ny.

You have to show proof of insurance to get your car registered in California. ......................

I live in CA. I bought my 914 two months ago. I registered it and didn't have to show proof of insurance. Stoopid ain't it?

Andrew

Maybe your insurance company already filed the information with the DMV. The smog shops do that as well. If you got it registered without insurance, you're just another asshole breaking the law, but I doubt it. This is the DMV web pageVehicle Registration-California
+Quote Post
bob91403
post Sep 26 2004, 12:55 AM
Post #33

Cold not directlink to the page. It is http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/motor-veh...egistration.php
+Quote Post
bob91403
post Sep 26 2004, 12:56 AM
Post #34

Click on insurance, then insurance requirements
+Quote Post
bob91403
post Sep 26 2004, 01:01 AM
Post #35

You did show proof of insurance. Your insurance company sent the information to the DMV for you. Same thing.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 01:36 AM