Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> start of a project, I have found a all original 76 2 liter
awallis1
post Mar 20 2012, 03:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,284
Region Association: None

I have found an all original 1976 2 liter thats in pretty decent shape. its going to need some body work but nothing that too daunting. Im trying to think what the best method is here. I would like to keep it fairly original with some updates and functionality but i dont want to take away from potential collector value....thoughts ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Mar 20 2012, 06:13 AM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

If you keep it original you get a choked down version regardless. Exhaust on the '75 - '76 robs horsepower. Backdating to an earlier exhaust gives a little more spirit when digging in the spurs (especially if it's a 2.0L).

In CA, the '76 has minimal value due to smog laws ... if they change the law, then all the current rules are off. I don't know what the smog laws are in Okiehoma or any other state for that matter.

+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Mar 20 2012, 06:41 AM
Post #3

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

No smog shit in Okieland Ron (no smog either).

Awallis, welcome to the board. There are several members in OKC that will give another pair of eyes to put on this car. Especially if your not familiar with these cars.
+Quote Post
awallis1
post Mar 20 2012, 08:15 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,284

Yep ... No smog laws Here . Ill be working on the car with a gent who is pretty knowledgeable in the Porsche field I got pretty lucky with that. I plan on taking my time on it and doing it correctly. This will be my second car rebuild but first that will involve basic body work. I'm excited to learn. Any thoughts on the best welding method (or welder for that matter ) for attaching a replacement panel or jack point ?
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Mar 20 2012, 08:42 AM
Post #5

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 20 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #6

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 20 2012, 05:13 AM) *

If you keep it original you get a choked down version regardless. Exhaust on the '75 - '76 robs horsepower. Backdating to an earlier exhaust gives a little more spirit when digging in the spurs (especially if it's a 2.0L).

In CA, the '76 has minimal value due to smog laws ... if they change the law, then all the current rules are off. I don't know what the smog laws are in Okiehoma or any other state for that matter.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Just don't do anything that you can't put back to original, & definitely SAVE all of your original parts when you backdate exhaust, etc.

Another option if your engine is still the original numbers matching one the it came from the factory with, would be to source another 2.0 motor to build a hot 2056 or 2270 etc. & "cold store" the original motor. If the motor has already been swapped & not original, then upbuilding it won't make much difference.

Call PCNA & order a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for it to confirm if it's the original motor, transaxle, factory options, etc. They'll ask you to take a pic of the GC engine number & email it to them to confirm it's a 2.0 for the COA (if they don't ask you, do it anyway to save a step in getting them to correct an erroneous COA.

Their COA may need corrections anyway - at their cost & free to you BTW, cuz they're notorious for misreading the older option codes on vintage Porsches! It took me 3 times for them to get it right!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Look up for your local OKC 914 folks on here, cuz they were trying to do informal get togethers alternating in OKC & Tulsey Town every month or so.

Y'all ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
1973-914-2L
post Mar 20 2012, 08:21 PM
Post #7

914 newb ...

Member No.: 14,217
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/newhere.gif) also
+Quote Post
abnrdo
post Mar 21 2012, 07:57 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 2,820
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Show us a photo of your 2.0!!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 10:26 PM