Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wheel bearing and Hubs, 911 stuff
Brett W
post Sep 25 2004, 09:04 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,169
Region Association: None

What 911 bearing and hub are the most common? Are they all the same? I would prefer something strong enough for racing use. Anyone out there make a nice billet hub or something like that for reasonable money?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Sep 25 2004, 11:20 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

as far as I know, there are only 3 billet hubs right now, one is sold by SmartRacing Products and the other is sold by phoenix motorsports**both of these I believe are only with the 930 offset (1" wider track) and of course the one I designed* that Brad will be selling soon (standard offset)

*currently only 4 lug, but a new version with 5(or more (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ) will be out sooner or later, more than likely later (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

the 911/930s use the same front wheel bearings from 65 up to 89.......the 911 wheel bearings are at least 20% larger than the 914 bearings

**ad on page 182 of latest excellence
+Quote Post
Brett W
post Sep 26 2004, 07:18 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,169

Sorry mike I meant rear wheel bearing and hubs. I am going to make my own front uprights so using stock Porsche parts are out. But for the rear I am going to have to use Porsche rear hubs, bearings, and stub axles, so I need to know what is available there.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Sep 27 2004, 12:49 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

'74 and newer are the larger rear wheel bearings........the same phoenix motorsports company makes brand new rear 911 hubs
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 03:13 AM