Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel bearing and Hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
What 911 bearing and hub are the most common? Are they all the same? I would prefer something strong enough for racing use. Anyone out there make a nice billet hub or something like that for reasonable money?
Mueller
as far as I know, there are only 3 billet hubs right now, one is sold by SmartRacing Products and the other is sold by phoenix motorsports**both of these I believe are only with the 930 offset (1" wider track) and of course the one I designed* that Brad will be selling soon (standard offset)

*currently only 4 lug, but a new version with 5(or more wink.gif ) will be out sooner or later, more than likely later smile.gif

the 911/930s use the same front wheel bearings from 65 up to 89.......the 911 wheel bearings are at least 20% larger than the 914 bearings

**ad on page 182 of latest excellence
Brett W
Sorry mike I meant rear wheel bearing and hubs. I am going to make my own front uprights so using stock Porsche parts are out. But for the rear I am going to have to use Porsche rear hubs, bearings, and stub axles, so I need to know what is available there.
Mueller
'74 and newer are the larger rear wheel bearings........the same phoenix motorsports company makes brand new rear 911 hubs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.