Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 17" wheels..., any reasons not to?
campbellcj
post Jan 17 2003, 01:44 AM
Post #1

I can't Re Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 21
Region Association: Southern California

Much better selection in high-quality (aftermarket) wheels, and 15-16" race rubber will probably not get any more common in the next couple years either.

I know I've seen race 914s with 17's but most were flared cars running large Kinesis, BBS or Fikse wheels with Hoosiers or slicks.

My car is unflared and so I would be looking at 17x7's with 205/40 Hoosiers. This would give me a 1.6% (just about 10mm) taller tire than the 205/50R15's I'm running now. I am thinking that would be a good thing, i.e. I could keep the slightly shorter tires for short-track or autox use and the taller ones for big road courses.

I still might end up with 16x7 fuchs due to cost, but the 17" concept is intriguing and there sure are some nice wheels in the 17-18" sizes these days.

I don't think the extra weight would be highly significant, because some of the modern forged race wheels are very light and strong. And Hoosiers are very light too.

Any thoughts/ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:58 AM