Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> FS: 1974 914 1.8L - $7500
vahday
post Apr 3 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,037
Region Association: None

Well, after 11 great years of ownership, it is time to sell my toy. A little history on the car...I bought the car in 2001 in North Carolina and the previous owner had owned it while living in South Carolina. I can tell from the inspection sticker that it was at least in the south from 1996 on. I began restoring the car in 2002 and pretty much everything on the car needed replacing...seals, shocks, tires, brakes, you name it. I also had the car professionally painted (taken to bare metal, etc) and had the interior completely restored (even a brand new dash). For the engine, the previous owner told me it only had 30,000 miles on a rebuild...since then I have put about 15,000 miles on the engine. I replaced the carbs that he had on it with Weber 40IDFs and replaced the Bosch 050 with a Mallory Unilite. In total, I've spent more than $10,000 on the restoration and have all the receipts to prove it...and the car cost me $3,500 when I bought it....so whoever buys it will get a pretty sweet deal. I live in the Cincinnati/Dayton, Ohio area if anyone wants to see it in person. Here's hoping it finds a good home.

ps. I will add pics as I take them over the next week. If there are any pics that anyone would like to see please don't hesitate to ask.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 01:57 AM