Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914 1.8L - $7500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
vahday
Well, after 11 great years of ownership, it is time to sell my toy. A little history on the car...I bought the car in 2001 in North Carolina and the previous owner had owned it while living in South Carolina. I can tell from the inspection sticker that it was at least in the south from 1996 on. I began restoring the car in 2002 and pretty much everything on the car needed replacing...seals, shocks, tires, brakes, you name it. I also had the car professionally painted (taken to bare metal, etc) and had the interior completely restored (even a brand new dash). For the engine, the previous owner told me it only had 30,000 miles on a rebuild...since then I have put about 15,000 miles on the engine. I replaced the carbs that he had on it with Weber 40IDFs and replaced the Bosch 050 with a Mallory Unilite. In total, I've spent more than $10,000 on the restoration and have all the receipts to prove it...and the car cost me $3,500 when I bought it....so whoever buys it will get a pretty sweet deal. I live in the Cincinnati/Dayton, Ohio area if anyone wants to see it in person. Here's hoping it finds a good home.

ps. I will add pics as I take them over the next week. If there are any pics that anyone would like to see please don't hesitate to ask.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
vahday
Some before restoration pictures.

On the truck to go get painted...
Click to view attachment

Interior stripped out...looks scary...
Click to view attachment

Battery tray rust..big surprise...
Click to view attachment

Taking the paint off...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

New battery tray...still needs paint at that point...
Click to view attachment

Paint done...
Click to view attachment
vahday
And finally...the engine...just a note, at that time I had 44IDFs...I swapped these for the 40IDFs in the first page of pictures.
Click to view attachment
vahday
I took some more photos from several angles around the car this week. I also took some pictures of the battery tray. Just so everyone is clear, when I restored the car, the battery tray was destroyed, as shown in the previous pics. I had it replaced and painted. The remainder of the engine compartment I did not bother with as there was no rust to deal with (I figured it was going to be dirty in there anyway). Unfortunately, I put a normal battery in the car after the work was done and, low and behold, got battery acid on the fresh paint job (since then, only Optima Red Tops). The pictures in the link below show what it looks like now. As this is the only bad spot on the car, I am negotiable on this with the price or I am willing to go have it fixed.

https://picasaweb.google.com/11767892566455...feat=directlink

A few other facts about the car
VIN - 4742915913 (title clear)
Engine # - EC026177
Paint code - L80E (Light Ivory - this is what I had it painted also)

Please let me know if anyone has any questions or can't access the pictures. Thanks for your interest.

Jasonm1355
I'm interested in your 914, how far are you from Detroit area? Never mind I see it's Cinncy/Dayton. I'm thinking of making a run down to take a look at it in the next couple of weeks, are you usually available on Saturdays?

My Email is Jasonm1355@hotmail.com if you want to communicate directly.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.