Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A newbie's first post, a lurker no more . . .
Cano
post Sep 30 2004, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,854
Region Association: None

Hi all. I have been lurking on this site for some time now, soaking in TONS of valuable info, and even getting plenty of good laughs.

Some quick background: I purchased a 1973 2.0 about two years ago, and have been performing a rustoration ever since. When purchased, I knew the car had some rust issues, but it wasn't until I plunged in that I realized that any reasonable person would start all over with a fresh tub (PO had artfully hidden many problem areas with fiberglass tape/mat, lots of bondo, and paint). Anyway, many months later I have completed all major metal surgery (new suspension console/brad meyer kit/many homemade patches), rebuilt the tranny (Thanks James/Redbeard), and on and on.

While there is still a whole lot of cosmetic work that needs to be done, she is back together and drives and shift well. The whole process has been great -- I have learned SO MUCH (never welded or even attempted to rebuild a tranny before). Working on the 914 also helps me get away from my "real job" where it is very often difficult to see a tangible result, unlike working on the car. Seriously, the "914 therapy" I receive while in the garage is the best (legal) stress reducer I have discovered.

Anyway, it was finally time for me to become a member of this site that has been such a great source of info and humor. Thanks to everyone who participates, and hopefully I will be able to make a contribution to this board.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Cano   A newbie's first post   Sep 30 2004, 09:25 AM
d914   welcome!!   Sep 30 2004, 09:28 AM
seanery   Cano, Welcome to the club! I hope you'll ...   Sep 30 2004, 09:28 AM
GWN7   Welcome :beer2:   Sep 30 2004, 09:28 AM
SLITS   Welcome..............................................   Sep 30 2004, 09:30 AM
Aaron Cox   welcome :clap:   Sep 30 2004, 09:32 AM
Headrage   Nice to make your aquaintance. :D   Sep 30 2004, 09:33 AM
phantom914   Welcome :trophy: And just as a warning, if you ev...   Sep 30 2004, 09:33 AM
plas76targa   :trophy: Cano - welcome aboard. With much of you...   Sep 30 2004, 09:34 AM
Engman   Wow - you are just across the river from me - I li...   Sep 30 2004, 09:34 AM
Cap'n Krusty  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:00 PM