Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A newbie's first post
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cano
Hi all. I have been lurking on this site for some time now, soaking in TONS of valuable info, and even getting plenty of good laughs.

Some quick background: I purchased a 1973 2.0 about two years ago, and have been performing a rustoration ever since. When purchased, I knew the car had some rust issues, but it wasn't until I plunged in that I realized that any reasonable person would start all over with a fresh tub (PO had artfully hidden many problem areas with fiberglass tape/mat, lots of bondo, and paint). Anyway, many months later I have completed all major metal surgery (new suspension console/brad meyer kit/many homemade patches), rebuilt the tranny (Thanks James/Redbeard), and on and on.

While there is still a whole lot of cosmetic work that needs to be done, she is back together and drives and shift well. The whole process has been great -- I have learned SO MUCH (never welded or even attempted to rebuild a tranny before). Working on the 914 also helps me get away from my "real job" where it is very often difficult to see a tangible result, unlike working on the car. Seriously, the "914 therapy" I receive while in the garage is the best (legal) stress reducer I have discovered.

Anyway, it was finally time for me to become a member of this site that has been such a great source of info and humor. Thanks to everyone who participates, and hopefully I will be able to make a contribution to this board.
d914
welcome!!
seanery
Cano,
Welcome to the club!

I hope you'll bring your car up to the Fall Foliage Classic.
We'd love to meet you and see your car!

-sean
GWN7
Welcome beerchug.gif
SLITS
Welcome.........................................................

now that that's over, let the carnage begin laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
welcome clap56.gif
Allan
Nice to make your aquaintance. biggrin.gif
phantom914
Welcome smilie_pokal.gif And just as a warning, if you ever want to come out to Californai in search of a rust-free 914, stay away from the Corona area. laugh.gif

Andrew
plas76targa
smilie_pokal.gif
Cano - welcome aboard. With much of your resto work behind you, You're more experienced already than I am! Like you, I lurked for a bit, but I didn't own a 914 until this past summer.

It is a passion, and thanks to many others on this site we're all enjoying the cars, the people, AND the experiences.

It's been said plenty of times, this place Rocks!
Engman
Wow - you are just across the river from me - I live in New Albany.

We will have to get together sometime.

M
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(phantom914 @ Sep 30 2004, 07:33 AM)
Welcome smilie_pokal.gif And just as a warning, if you ever want to come out to Californai in search of a rust-free 914, stay away from the Corona area. laugh.gif

Andrew

The Corona area? Would that be just west of the Miller area, near the Budweiser area? Nowhere even close to the Lucky Lager area, I'm sure ................. The Cap'n, safely ensconced in the Firestone area ........................
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 30 2004, 08:42 AM)
Welcome smilie_pokal.gif  And just as a warning, if you ever want to come out to Californai in search of a rust-free 914, stay away from the Corona area. laugh.gif

Andrew

The Corona area? Would that be just west of the Miller area, near the Budweiser area? Nowhere even close to the Lucky Lager area, I'm sure ................. The Cap'n, safely ensconced in the Firestone area ........................

nah...tis another crack at me

yarg....
Joe Bob
Speaking of cracks...howz yer momma? Bada Bump.... rolleyes.gif

Welcome Cano.....stay clear of Slits and everything will be all right....
kafermeister
Welcome to the board. Glad to see another KY 914 owner. I've been seing stuff show up for sale at various places (eBay, Traderonline, etc...) out of Louisville, for a while. Were you able to score any of that stuff to help your project along?

Rick
Independence, Ky
tat2dphreak
welcome to the best 914 board around!
sgomes
Um, seriously....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
nebreitling
agree.gif let's see the beast!

welcome beerchug.gif
scruz914
Welcome. Since you have been dealing with rustoration you can share your experiences with us. Pics would be great! beerchug.gif

-Jeff
Trekkor
Ahoy, Matey! Welcome on board the good ship 914....

Uh-oh , wrong thread pirate.gif arrr.

KT
Bruce Allert
YA! what they all said....... agree.gif WELCOME.

Sounds like yer doin' the learn'n just like me & alot of others on this he'ar board. Just dive in & see what comes of it wavey.gif

.......b
Sammy
He can't post pics until he has at least 10 posts!

(always happy to help spread an urban myth)
HOW-DEE
swood
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 30 2004, 07:42 AM)
Welcome smilie_pokal.gif  And just as a warning, if you ever want to come out to Californai in search of a rust-free 914, stay away from the Corona area. laugh.gif

Andrew

we call it (in a middle eastern accent...) Coronabad laugh.gif
Cano
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I have a few photos I can post, but need to get them scanned first.

Mark -- sounds great; we should get together soon.
Dead Air
C:\My Documents\My Pictures\Copy of 914_3.jpg
Dead Air
how do you add a picture????
seanery
click on FAQ at the top of the page.
There is info there about image attaching
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.