Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 'nother transmission question, output flange endplay
sgomes
post Oct 2 2004, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Electric Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,029

I just got my transmission back from being thoroughly rebuilt. Looks great! Thanks HPH!

One thing I noticed however is there seems to be a heck of a lot of endplay on one of the output flanges. The one on the passenger side (with the differential access plate) has no measurable endplay. The one on the driver's side moves in and out an amazing 0.025" or so. I measured this with a caliper so the number is not too good. It was so much that I just wanted to get a rough number.

Is this ok? To answer your first question, yes I checked the torque on the expansion bolt and it seems fine and had no effect on the endplay.

I would wait until Monday to call HPH but this weekend it likely the only time I'm going to get to install this thing before the car show next saturday.

Can anyone help? Red Beard?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 02:00 PM