Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Das Bilstein, 911 Front Suspension Questions.
fiid
post Oct 3 2004, 01:02 PM
Post #1

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

Hey all,

So I am fitting some Bilstein 911 Front shocks w/ A-calipers to my car, and have a couple of questions.

1) The shocks came with a spacer between the dust guard tube and the camber/castor plate. Should I leave this spacer in for the 914? It seems like removing it would allow me to run the car lower, which is probably going to to be what I want. Since there is no bottom bump stop on these (I'm guessing it's internal) it's not going to effect that any - just allow the shock to get closer to the top of the car before it runs out of runway.

2) I have a really nice set of Koni fronts for 914 strut housings - I've been told that these will fit in some 911 struts - do I need Boge housings to do that? Where do I get the adaptors from? Should I just not worry about it an run the Bilstein fronts and 914 Koni's on the rear?

In other news, my Harbour Freight compressor, impact wrenches, and nibbler showed up on Thu/Fri, and I'm loving working on the car with serious power tools (but being careful not to overtorque stuff).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:46 PM