Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Das Bilstein
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
Hey all,

So I am fitting some Bilstein 911 Front shocks w/ A-calipers to my car, and have a couple of questions.

1) The shocks came with a spacer between the dust guard tube and the camber/castor plate. Should I leave this spacer in for the 914? It seems like removing it would allow me to run the car lower, which is probably going to to be what I want. Since there is no bottom bump stop on these (I'm guessing it's internal) it's not going to effect that any - just allow the shock to get closer to the top of the car before it runs out of runway.

2) I have a really nice set of Koni fronts for 914 strut housings - I've been told that these will fit in some 911 struts - do I need Boge housings to do that? Where do I get the adaptors from? Should I just not worry about it an run the Bilstein fronts and 914 Koni's on the rear?

In other news, my Harbour Freight compressor, impact wrenches, and nibbler showed up on Thu/Fri, and I'm loving working on the car with serious power tools (but being careful not to overtorque stuff).

beerchug.gif
SirAndy
Das Bilstein

correct spelling would be:

Der Bilstein Stoßdämpfer (singular)
Die Bilstein Stoßdämpfer (plural)

wink.gif Andy
anthony
1) remove the 10mm spacer and toss it. It was only put on to raise the bumper height on 911s to comply with dot regulations.

2) I don't know but in general:

boge strut housings: can use boge, koni, or bilstein inserts (made for these housings)
koni strut housings: can only use koni
bilstein strut housings: can only use bilstein
anthony
I'd talk to Jason at Paragon Products about adaptors to use 914 konis. If you have Bilstein struts and inserts you can always send them to Bilstein and have them specially valved for a 914. I've heard it costs like $75/strut.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.