Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Driving the 914 is Fountain of Youth, Owner Satisfaction
marinmcgreevy
post Oct 4 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,243

All,

I just wanted to tell a little story that makes my recent acquisition and reaquaintance with a 914 all worth while.

I have had my car for a couple of months now and have been working out minor bugs due to the car not being used much in the last ten years. I have been using the car as a weekend driver to ferry my 8 year old boy around to his soccer and baseball games. My radius of travel has been slowing increasing as I become more confident about the reliability of the car. Yesterday my son and I were getting on the freeway (101 South in Corte Madera) and low and behold the on ramp was clear and the freeway was clear of cars! I was in second and accelerated hard through 2rd, 3rd, and then let off when I hit 4th. As I settled into cruise mode, I looked over to my boy and he had a funny look on his face. I asked him what was the matter and he said "your smiling". He had caught me being a kid again. The next day (today) my wife was taking a bunch of boys (3rd graders) on a field trip and she overheard my son telling all his friends how quickly his dad's 914/6 accelerates. He was telling them how cool the engine sounded.

I have been debating whether or not to keep this car (I obtained it in a vintage race car transaction) as I felt a little silly driving around in a car that some (especially my wife) think is juevenile. After this weekend, I don't care.

I would like to thank all of you for putting this web site together, and keeping it stocked with a tremendous amount of information and enthusiasm.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
marinmcgreevy   Driving the 914 is Fountain of Youth   Oct 4 2004, 10:03 PM
seanery   great story Evan! :clap:   Oct 4 2004, 10:07 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:49 PM