Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clutch adjustment question
BPGREER
post Oct 4 2004, 10:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,857

Hello, this is my first post on this board. I just purchased a 73 silver 2.0 a couple of months back and have been working diligently to get her back on the road. Good news is we're there. She's running really well, I'm just trying to iron out some final details. I have to say, the months of frustrating work were worth it. I spent some time on the PP board, but after a week of lurking around here, thought I would jump in. I just met Brad last week at HPH and learned about this board. Anyhow, of course I'm looking for some advice...

First of all... I just realized I'm missing the wooden board that goes behind the pedal assembly. I rebuilt the assembly a couple of weeks ago, but with no pics, I didnt' realize anything was missing. I've looked at some old posts, and it sounds like it's a pretty essential piece. Does anyone know where I can find one? Also, I have to push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor to fully disengage it. Even then it sometimes grinds going into first or reverse. Does this sound like I need to adjust the cable? Do I need the wood piece first? Any tips would be great.

BTW, I have to install a new rear window. I am very afraid of doing glass work. I've read tech articles and old threads on the subj, but any insights would still be great.

Background on the car... as I said, its a 73 silver 2.0 with about 62000 orig miles. FI system, and all other stock options still intact. I bought it from the original owner who garaged it in 1987. Since I purchased it, I've replaced all of the original fuel lines, most ignition components, vacuum hoses, rebuilt pedal assembly, replaced throttle cable, adjusted valves, rebuilt calipers, replaced ms, installed new brake lines, a dry battery, and lots of other little stuff.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:42 AM