Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> She Starts :-)
Rough_Rider
post Oct 5 2004, 12:35 PM
Post #1

Smurf Zone

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,547

Just rolled my new toy off the transporter on Saturday, only to find a dead battery & the auxilary oil line left open.

She wouldn't start no matter what we did, so off we went down the route of checking electrics, ignition, leads, fuel, carbs etc.....

Dropped the plugs out last night & swapped em with a new set of NGK's. Boy are they cheap!!

Voila motor started 1st time. Idle was a tad high 4000K, ooops better back the idle adjuster out a few turns. She's loud :-) Me like. Don't think the neighbours we're too happy, not that i care (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

can't wait till Wednesday to wake the entire neighbourhood, 1st drive here we come..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Rough_Rider   She Starts :-)   Oct 5 2004, 12:35 PM
J P Stein   Good for you. What motor is in that again? NGKs ...   Oct 5 2004, 12:41 PM
Rough_Rider   She has a 1971 911T 2.2L, was rebuilt a few years ...   Oct 5 2004, 12:50 PM
3d914   Congrats Rough_Rider, Sounds like a good combinat...   Oct 5 2004, 12:53 PM
J P Stein  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 12:57 PM